Search Unity

Can't Delete Environments

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by Claytonious, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

I created 2 environments on the dashboard that I no longer want (and, in fact, their presence will be confusing to my team so I really want to delete them).

Attempting to delete them always shows the error "Environment can not be deleted because the environment still has a config". But there does not seem to be any way to delete a config. Where do I delete the default config so that I can delete these environments? There seems to be no UI for this either on the dashboard nor in the editor inspector. Please advise.

Thanks!

2. kimcatq

kimcatq

I'm in the same boat.
    I was using the old interface until Feb 2020. Now with the new interface, I have lost all my old settings and it's very confusing. I created "dev" follow by "Release". Now, I can't delete "dev". I tried to rename to "Development" it will just revert to "dev" again after a few clicks. :-(

Update:
    I had RemoteConfig package install on my project, but I just realised, I'm still running the code with RemoteSettings. But regardless, I still can't delete the "dev" environment in the RemoteConfig dashboard.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  3. peterle_unity

peterle_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi folks! Thanks for calling this out. We've known about this feature gap in the Remote Config Dashboard, and we are currently working to add it.

As a workaround, you can delete configs ( or environments with configs) from either the Unity Editor package, or manually via our API for Delete Config.

Let me know if you have any issues with these workarounds, and I can help. I'll update this thread when we have added this needed functionality to the Remote Config Dashboard.

vd_unity likes this.