Search Unity

Bug Can't Create Nodes in ShaderGraph in unity 2020.1.2f1

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by HassanKhallouf, Aug 14, 2020.

1. HassanKhallouf

HassanKhallouf

I just installed the latest unity, I'm not sure if this is specific for this version or for all 2020 versions
    but whenever I open a shader graph and click on new node, I get the following error

the popup appears with no texts at all, and I can't search for nodes, clicking arbitrarily on the arrows will eventually crate a node but I can't see what I'm clicking at

this happens on my existing projects and on newly created projects

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

3. HassanKhallouf

HassanKhallouf

Done
    (Case 1270508)

4. HassanKhallouf

HassanKhallouf

I tried this on a mac machine, there was no bug there

5. StenCG

StenCG

Same 2020.1.13, HDRP 8.2, Windows 10 x64 1909

upd.: I tried delete Library folder

upd2.: I fixed this error by changing the permissions to the project directory. For some reason, there was limited access for users, although this only caused a problem with fonts.

upd3.: And the last thought, after I also did a reimport all, maybe only this was enough.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  6. AnsisMalinsUbisoft

AnsisMalinsUbisoft

Hello. I'm seeing the "Cannot process a null font." message when creating my own editor UI using the new elements system. I load the font in OnEnable of my editor window and assign it to an element, and then at some point the font (whenever I load a new scene?) becomes null and the window does not render, and I get the message spammed in the console. How do I work around this? The code is
    Code (CSharp):
    1. queryField.style.unityFont = Font.CreateDynamicFontFromOSFont("Courier New", 13);

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021