Search Unity

Can't create new Render Pipeline Asset or upgrade materials

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by gdp2, May 15, 2018.

1. gdp2

gdp2

I've posted this same issue on the Github repository, but I'll repost it here for the lazy:

I'm getting a serious headache from trying to create a new Render Pipeline Asset. According to the instructions on both the forum thread and the blog post about the LWRP, you can make a new Asset via:

Asset -> Create -> Render Pipeline -> Lightweight -> Pipeline Asset

Or, you can upgrade existing materials via:

Edit -> Render Pipeline -> Upgrade -> Lightweight

Unfortunately, I see neither of these menu items and I'm now quite frustrated. The LWRP was the main reason for me to update to 2018.1 and now it won't even work. The only ticket I see which has a similar complaint is #1203. Yet, even after removing any errors in my project I still can't see these menu items.

2. gdp2

gdp2

Silly me... I solved the issue by importing the Render Pipeline packages via the Package Manager under Window -> Package Manager

3. f1r3f0x1201

f1r3f0x1201

I'm having the same problem but It doesn't show up either way for me but I may just be doing something stupid

4. Cambesa

Cambesa

LazyUnicorn2210 and AdamLiu like this.
  5. RadixFowx

RadixFowx

I'm using version 2019.2.13 I can't use URP and I have this same problem, even though I've downloaded it from the package manager

Bakamono likes this.
  6. Anoxter

Anoxter

I know that it sounds like your typical "have you checked the powers on, mam?" but please try restarting the software I remember that being the solution for not being able to have a rendering section under create

RubbiDuz likes this.
  7. Magamoth

Magamoth

It doesn't work for me...hidden package stay hidden when i click on the eye, but i see "13" packages...so i start a new project directly in correct mode.

8. Ofsen

Ofsen

if this can help : i found the Render pipeline lightweight in the package manager by clicking on the advanced button enabling show preview packages.

so: window -> package manager -> all packages + ( advanced -> show preview packages )

for info i used unity 2018.4.22f1