Search Unity

Can't create an Asset Store Account!!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Buff, May 24, 2011.

1. Buff

Buff

Hi,

I'm trying to get some stuff from the Asset Store but I can't create a new Account. I fill in all the fields with an * but once I click accept, I get a 'Missing Information' notice. I already tried filling ALL fields, and I still get the error message. Any help on how can I set my account in some other way?

Many thanks!

Nick.

2. Buff

Buff

Never mind... I've done it. But something is definitely buggy with the 'Create Account' feature.

3. buandaki

buandaki

I'm having the same problem...and it still won't work. I repeatedly fill out all the fields and then get an error message saying I need to fill in all the fields!

4. DevWil

DevWil

bump. same issue.

5. andeeeee

andeeeee

There is a known issue where that error message gets displayed incorrectly. The actual error in this case is that the account e-mail address is already registered. This could happen if you didn't get an activation e-mail and tried to register again or attempted to re-register as a way to change personal details, password, etc.

If you haven't got an activation e-mail then contact assetstore@unity3d.com or send me a PM on the forum. If you forget your password then there is a link on the login dialog that you can use to reset it.

If the missing information message seems to be occurring when you are sure you haven't tried to register before then it could well be a completely different bug. If this is the case then please file a bug report (menu: Help > Report A Bug).

6. DrPygameNewb

DrPygameNewb

I too have had a issue with creating an account for the asset store.

7. andeeeee

andeeeee

@DrPygameNewb: the e-mail you've used to register for the forum doesn't appear to be in the asset store database and neither does a username of DrPygameNewb. Please send me a PM with the details you used to register on the store and I'll investigate the problem for you.