Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't copy/paste keyframes

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dgoyette, Mar 8, 2018.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I could swear that this was working as recently as a week or two ago, but I am unable to copy/paste keyframes in the Animation window. I've tried clicking individual keyframes (so they turn blue), pressing ctrl-C, then moving somewhere else in the timeline and pressing ctrl-V. I've made sure the scrubber was on a position with a keyframe under it. I've tried using "Copy" from the edit menu, I've tried Duplicating, and nothing seems to work. Did I just imagine that this was a feature?

upload_2018-3-8_14-8-19.png

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

This is getting bizarre. Yesterday copy/paste was working for me again: just highlight a keyframe (blue), ctrl-c, move to another position in the timeline, and ctrl-v to paste. Now today it's not working again. Does anyone else experience this? Is there some subtle condition I'm not aware of that prevents copy/paste from working?

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Sounds like a bug report would give a definitive answer here.

4. mgear

mgear

or is that some read-only animation issue? (imported animation, vs. copied version of it, or one animated in unity)

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'll report a bug. I was just hoping I was doing something wrong that someone would identify as a reason for the inconsistent behavior. It's currently letting me copy/paste again. This is the same animation I've been working on throughout, and I can otherwise edit the animation. It's just that copy/paste sometimes isn't working.

6. LAURiqsa

LAURiqsa

I had the same issue worked using curves but not in dopesheet.

7. Leewhitt

Leewhitt

I encounter the same issue still now intermittently - anyone know anymore about it?