Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't copy/paste keyframes

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dgoyette, Mar 8, 2018.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I could swear that this was working as recently as a week or two ago, but I am unable to copy/paste keyframes in the Animation window. I've tried clicking individual keyframes (so they turn blue), pressing ctrl-C, then moving somewhere else in the timeline and pressing ctrl-V. I've made sure the scrubber was on a position with a keyframe under it. I've tried using "Copy" from the edit menu, I've tried Duplicating, and nothing seems to work. Did I just imagine that this was a feature?

upload_2018-3-8_14-8-19.png

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

This is getting bizarre. Yesterday copy/paste was working for me again: just highlight a keyframe (blue), ctrl-c, move to another position in the timeline, and ctrl-v to paste. Now today it's not working again. Does anyone else experience this? Is there some subtle condition I'm not aware of that prevents copy/paste from working?

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Sounds like a bug report would give a definitive answer here.

4. mgear

mgear

or is that some read-only animation issue? (imported animation, vs. copied version of it, or one animated in unity)

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'll report a bug. I was just hoping I was doing something wrong that someone would identify as a reason for the inconsistent behavior. It's currently letting me copy/paste again. This is the same animation I've been working on throughout, and I can otherwise edit the animation. It's just that copy/paste sometimes isn't working.

6. LAURiqsa

LAURiqsa

I had the same issue worked using curves but not in dopesheet.