Search Unity

Can't compile Vehicle Tools provided by Unity

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by artemiusgreat, Apr 22, 2019.

1. artemiusgreat

artemiusgreat

Hi,

I've only finished couple of interactive tutorials and pretty new to this, so might miss something.
    I wanted to try to create something that can maybe approximately look like a racing game, or at least, just a car that can move back and forth. After trying couple of outdated templates I realized that the most compatible one with the latest version of the Unity would be package created by the Unity group itself, so I found this.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/tutorial-projects/vehicle-tools-83660

The thing is, when I open this project and try to compile it I get a lot of errors like this.
    125 errors, to be exact.

/Users/Administrator/Downloads/Racing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.3/Editor/Sources/UI/PackageStatusBar.cs(147,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Label' could not be found. Are you missing `System.Reflection.Emit' or `UnityEngine.UIElements' using directive?

/Users/Administrator/Downloads/Racing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.0.15-preview/PostProcessing/Editor/Utils/GlobalSettings.cs(55,20): error CS1729: The type `UnityEditor.SettingsProvider' does not contain a constructor that takes `1' arguments

Is it incompatibility between versions, or just me?
    Another question is, is it possible to fix scripts from the Unity itself, without opening Visual Studio?

Unity was installed via Hub.
    Current version is 2019.1.0f2
    Mac OS 10.14.1 High Sierra (18B75)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Tutorials are notorious for not getting updates at the same time a new editor version is released. Try it with 2018.3.0, which the asset says it is one of the versions used to upload the project.