Search Unity

Can't compile in XCode - ARC Semantic Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LimeJuice, Aug 21, 2019.

1. LimeJuice

LimeJuice

Hello,
    I am using Unity 2019.2.0f1 and can't complile on Xcode (Version 10.2 (10E125))
    It looks related to FaceBook SDK (facebook-unity-sdk-7.17.2)
    Here the XCode Errors:

ARC Semantic Issue Group

/XCodeProjectGame3/Libraries/FacebookSDK/SDK/Editor/iOS/FBUnityInterface.mm:146:10: No visible @interface for 'FBSDKLoginManager' declares the selector 'logInWithPermissions:fromViewController:handler:'

/XCodeProjectGame3/Libraries/FacebookSDK/SDK/Editor/iOS/FBUnityInterface.mm:343:21: No known class method for selector 'setIsUnityInit:'

/XCodeProjectGame3/Libraries/FacebookSDK/SDK/Editor/iOS/FBUnityInterface.mm:344:21: No known class method for selector 'sendEventBindingsToUnity'

/XCodeProjectGame3/Libraries/FacebookSDK/SDK/Editor/iOS/FBUnityInterface.mm:366:21: No known class method for selector 'setPushNotificationsDeviceTokenString:'

/XCodeProjectGame3/Libraries/FacebookSDK/SDK/Editor/iOS/FBUnityInterface.mm:477:20: No known class method for selector 'setAdvertiserIDCollectionEnabled:'

Thanks

2. LimeJuice

LimeJuice

Fixed, I did updated XCode, deleted and reimported FaceBook SDK

ZRZD3V likes this.
  3. Logopolis

Logopolis

Hi LimeJuice, what version did you update XCode to? I'm having this problem as well, with XCode 10.1. Thanks.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I'm guessing the latest version? The first post mentioned 10.2, you mentioned 10.1, and I correctly guessed the latest version is 10.3 :)

5. timdevil

timdevil

Having the same problem... Cloud build doesn't support 10.3 unfortunately...
    [EDIT]
    If anyone is interested in this error: this is caused by the old facebook sdk in the plugins/ios/facebook folder. The new fb sdk uses cocoapods to fetch the necessary dependencies. Make sure that you have removed all old facebook folders from your project.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  6. Wickodesign

Wickodesign

currently using Xcode 11.0 and upated to latest SDK 5.6.0 and this is causing issues for my app.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    ZRZD3V likes this.
  7. Wickodesign

Wickodesign

closing file and reupdating all pods again and then selecting Editor > Clean Build Folder fixed this issue allowing the error to go away

8. pranavg_unity

pranavg_unity

@Wickodesign Can you please elaborate on how I can re-update all pods again? I haven't used Unity for building for iOS that much so I don't know the details.
    I'm using Xcode version 10.1 and Facebook-SDKs-iOS-4.40.0 and Facebook SDK version 7.17.2 for unity/

9. technobayo

technobayo

Please, how has anyone resolve this issue? I've been on this for over a week now.

10. technobayo

technobayo

Could you please help me with this issues
    No visible @interface for 'FBSDKLoginManager' declares the selector 'logInWithPermissions:fromViewController:handler:'

I have upgraded Xcode, downloaded and currently using the Facebook SDK 7.18 and still facing this issue.

ZRZD3V likes this.
  11. doncisaro

doncisaro

Yes, i have the same issue - What a load of CRAP Facebook is!