Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't change hyper-parameters

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by abdulhamidobeid, Jun 16, 2020.

1. abdulhamidobeid

abdulhamidobeid

Hello..

I am new to ml-algents, I have successfully created an environment and I am able to train my agent, but I have an issue that my training is obviously always running on the default hyperparameters..
    This is the command that I use to train and assign the .yaml file that I have changed the parameters in.

Code (CSharp):
    1. mlagents-learn config/ppo/Colon.yaml --run-id=C --train
    You know in the terminal it shows the hyperparameters, they are always the same and training stops at 500000 steps.

I have tried running the exmaples like 3DBall, and i could easily change the hyperparameters in 3DBall.yaml..

So whenever I start training in my environment no matter if I gave it any .yaml file or run training without any reference to a .yaml file, it is always training with the same hyperparameters..

I am using the recent release 3 and the most recent update in the package manager, Unity Hub 2.3.2, Unity Version 2019.3.7f1, HDRP, running on Ubuntu 18.04

I hope someone can tell me what I am missing..

Thanks a lot in advance.

dragonlord7337 and rudisillb like this.
  2. abdulhamidobeid

abdulhamidobeid

I just figured it out.. Thanks anyway..

If anyone faced the same issue, the solution was to set the "Behavior Name" in the "Behavior Parameters" Component of the agent in the Inspector to the same name of the .yaml file.

In my case the .yaml file's name was "Colon.yaml" and I write in "Colon" in the "Behavior Name"..

andrew210 and rudisillb like this.