Search Unity

Can't buy assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by imaewyn, May 1, 2016.

1. Leohd

Leohd

The error is still appearing: "The system failed to process this order, please try again later." You're going to loose thousands of dollars if this keeps up.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Thyil and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  2. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Code (csharp):
    2. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time
    3. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank.
    According to my credit card company Unity is a High Fraud Risk so most credit cards will flag anything to do with them the first time)

Both stores don't work.

Epic fail on unity

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Thyil likes this.
  3. Koodetat

Koodetat

Hello,
    Since today I can not finish my order. I specify that my bank account is provisioned and that my credit card normally works elsewhere (and it has always worked on the asset store in the past) What can I do?
    Sorry for my bad English.

« Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank. »

Thyil likes this.
  4. danilvolfson

danilvolfson

Hi!

I tried it in 10 different ways(paypal+credit cards), it did not work. Although previously paid without problems

The system failed to process your payment at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new payment method, or contact your bank.

Thyil likes this.
  5. ULTRAWEN

ULTRAWEN

3 days in a row I can not buy assets. Already retried everything. My payment card works everywhere. In any store except yours. This is very unpleasant. My project stopped because of this.

"unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank."

2 debit cards and even pay fell did not work. I used to buy without problems. My cards work everywhere. I was not ready for this. ((((

I planned to spend about $ 500 on assets. And I can’t do it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Thyil likes this.
  6. Lorin_Atzberger

Lorin_Atzberger

Same here,

I just sent an email to support.

Paid for quite a lot of stuff before both with paypal and visa and neither of them work now.

Thyil likes this.
  7. andrew_pendulum_games

andrew_pendulum_games

I am running into this issue. I can't purchase assets and have been waiting for a reply from support.

Thyil likes this.
  8. TheSnortdog

TheSnortdog

im having the same issue here

Thyil likes this.
  9. Xaron

Xaron

That must be a joke, doesn't work for me either. And yes, my credit card works fine, I even added PIN and TAN (due to VISA secure mechanism) and everything went well until:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank."

So why do you blame the bank when it's clearly your fault, Unity? Is it really that hard to fix that issue after years? Seriously?

Thyil and fertel like this.
  10. BlueRain01

BlueRain01

Thyil likes this.
  11. EzraStallings

EzraStallings

Same here, tried both card and paypal. I've bought lots of assets in the past.

If I miss out on the black friday sale I'm gonna be pissed.

Thyil likes this.
  12. BlueRain01

BlueRain01

talked to my bank , they told me it's unity's fault , cause the transaction is not appearing in our system, talked to unity they said welll , no talk to your bank ...now i'm talking to paypal, i'm really frustrated , shouldn't be like this

Thyil likes this.
  13. Demon_Zoo_Warden

Demon_Zoo_Warden

I am having the same issues. Visa tells me that Unity is not completing the transaction and the charge remains pending. Paypal did not help. Unity is not responsive and I can't purchase sale items. This is frustrating.

Thyil likes this.
  14. Demon_Zoo_Warden

Demon_Zoo_Warden

I resolved this by turning off my VPN and using EDGE browser without any plugins. Annoying but I have my assets now and can enjoy the sale (probably). Note I also used Paypal.

15. BlueRain01

BlueRain01

I'm still stuck , talking to my bank again. ..

16. Ragee

Ragee

Turning off VPN and ad-block fixed the problem for me as well.

17. Sam512

Sam512

The system failed to process this order, you can retry or contact our support team and provide RequestId: b4d2f9d1-4120-4df0-ad4e-506e3671940a

Can anyone help? I cannot buy any assets when it's still on black Friday.

18. Bonespro

Bonespro

Good at making video game engines absolutely terrible at basic web technology...shocking. Even an idiot can put up a Shopify site and collect payments. This is the second time— I have tried in Edge, Chrome (no plugins), no VPN, multiple credit cards/Paypal. Credit card company says all is fine on their end—still no joy.

fertel likes this.
  19. BlueRain01

BlueRain01

I'm on the same boat, I tried everything I can ,still no luck.
    This is wierd, I actually gave up on buying.

fertel likes this.
  20. Strieglitz

Strieglitz

I used to had this Problem ass well, the problem in my case was the vpn i was using, i had to turn it off and had no problems anymore buying assets.

21. Dungeon_Siege

Dungeon_Siege

I'm having this problem too. This is pretty pitiful, especially considering the fact that this issue has existed for literal YEARS.

22. MrSilmi

MrSilmi

[B]OrderId: 18966897604080
    RequestId: 6da02f5e-68eb-4965-9fb2-3d422a4fba03
    ErrorPath: https://pay.unity.com/asv2/checkout?orderId=18966897604080
    Code: 501
    DateTime: 5/7/2020, 2:53:42 AM[/B]

Ive called my bank and the transaction is successful and had been charge to my credit card.
    Please do something about this. Yes im using VPN for safety reason when buying online.

23. randybutternobzz

randybutternobzz

Hello, im trying to purchase and the payment keeps failing, can you please help?

24. JacobPatterson

JacobPatterson

Still in 2020 the asset store constantly gives me payment issue errors, some times I get the "Payment cannot be made" error, other times the payment seems to go through then get an error message......BUT the asset has been purchased and becomes available to download. Generally find it hit and miss. Just tried to buy an asset, goes to my bank, get a "payment success" message from the window from my bank, then back to Unity and "ERROR". (deep sigh....will just log out and back in again in 20 minutes). Generally feels like a slightly neglected system, which is worrying when payments are involved. Please give it some love @Unity

25. I'm getting these when my VPN is on. As soon as I turn it off, everything is back to normal. BTW, write to the support.

26. makaka-org

makaka-org

I make $15 & $60 payments with success.
    And 3 times when > $100 in total of each transaction then I get: "unfortunately we are unable to process your transaction at this time".

So I can't buy any asset or some assets in total > $100.
    Money are returning in 1 hour all 3 times.

Really Sadly.

Already created a ticket to Unity Support some days ago: no answer.

27. vertexx

vertexx

And my problem is: They won't stop taking my money..
    At least that's what the Missus says.
    Sigh...Too many goodies..Such little time..
    But sorry to see the sufferings of others.
    All the best.

28. hojjat-reyhane

hojjat-reyhane

I'm having this problem too.
    "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank."

29. makaka-org

makaka-org

Try PayPal. In some cases it's a solution.

30. hojjat-reyhane

hojjat-reyhane

I tried 2 different credit cards and 1 PayPal, but faced the same error.

31. makaka-org

makaka-org

Then your Card Country (Issuer) & your Unity Account must be the same. If you pay with PayPal then your PayPal Country (account) must be equal country of Unity Account.

32. Kjaka

Kjaka

Turning off VPN fixed it for me

33. pers

pers

Same here - have no VPN, different cards, browsers, paypal - nothing works:(

vogeltanz likes this.
  34. fdnbgonds

fdnbgonds

Got the same problem. No VPN, Paypal, a credit card that works in Steam, Firefox (both payment methods), Edge (both payment methods). I sent in a support ticket but I don't know if they'll get back to me before the New Year Sale is over.

I guess I'll try ordering items one at a time. Maybe large orders are a problem? Mine is $90 worth of stuff.

35. nareshbishtasus

nareshbishtasus

Same problem with me.

36. Nicolas_Magno

Nicolas_Magno

Same here. Disabled VPN and Ad Block.
    Tried 2 cards, with and without "Billing address is the same as organization address".
    This is so frustrating.

EDIT: And now the bank blocked my card. Great.
    I used those card for years without any problem. Why is it so hard to pay in here?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  37. Irin

Irin

Im having this issue, cant use my discover card.

Leohd likes this.
  38. effieartoria

effieartoria

I have this problem. I have tried countless times using my visa debit card, using my paypal account. I have e-mailed support and gotten no reply. I have tweeted @ unity and got no reply. I read through this thread and tried everything people mentioned- I turned off my adblock. I used Edge with no addons. I tried starting from the site and starting from the Unity application, all with no avail. I do not use a VPN.

HOWEVER

I was able to successfully make a purchase with precisely zero help from Unity.

I logged into the site on my phone (using 4G, not my home's wifi connection). After going to purchase and listing my paypal address, this time I was forwarded to paypal, logged in and made the payment.

I tried this because of the VPN comments. This is a TOTAL GUESS with no more supporting evidence than this anecdote, but I think it's possible Unity is blocking a range of IPs, and my IP happens to be blocked. Of course, the garbage error message doesn't hint at this, it just says "call your bank".

So if you're having trouble, try logging in from your phone, or another computer, another location. Maybe it will work.

This has been a singularly frustrating experience, the worst I have ever had using an online service that was not actively trying to scam me.

39. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

I think you're onto something with the IPs. My ISP bought some IPs that seem to be blacklisted on a bunch of sites.. I'd usually get my girlfriend to checkout for me, since she's on another ISP, but now it doesn't work... That ISP just happened to purchase new IPs as well.

40. tsibiski

tsibiski

This started happening to me recently. And it turned out that the checkout page was auto-filling a strange phone number that I have never seen before. It's definitely not my number, and no one else uses my laptop or PC. But it happened on both machines. When I fixed the phone number to use my real phone number, it instantly worked. This happened in two separate situations a month apart, and I could reproduce the issue the second time I noticed it between my Mac and my PC.

It could be completely a red herring, but that's just so specific and strange that I thought I'd mention it. Also, I tried my PayPal account and 3 credit cards. They all are fine, and the PayPal account had been used the day before to successfully purchase something. There was nothing wrong with them. The only difference between a failed purchase and the successful purchase was fixing the phone number field in both instances.

41. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

I just tried that, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Still waiting on Unity support to respond to my email from 7 days ago, let's see how that goes.

42. Geopi

Geopi

Contacted unity support, to summarize :

Me : Can't buy, here what I have done : [...], contacted my bank etc...
    Them (robot message) : Can you do *insert what I have done* and contact your bank ?

10/10

43. Geopi

Geopi

That's always when I start to publicly complain about something and abandon that I find the solution.

Here what I have done :
    -Changed my account location to my actual country. (might be unrelated)
    -Deleted my card
    -Added the same one while filling the billing info
    -Paid the 1$ verification to validate the card
    -It worked

What is weird is that It worked just fine, bought a few items in a row then poof! bug.

Thyil likes this.
  44. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

I still haven't gotten a response from Unity.

Thyil likes this.
  45. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

eventually someone will respond to my email :').

Thyil likes this.
  46. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

i got error 108 on payment .. purchases tons of asset in the past .. never this ... my card is fully recharged and i cannot pay.ANY HINT?

Thyil likes this.
  47. Thyil

Thyil

Same issues here in 5/21/22

Ive tried 5 cards, from 5 banks, ive gotten the exact same responses verbatim as the 98 percent of ppl here.
    unity needs to reset thier connection or whatever. Im guessing this mainly happens to US citizens.

the 19 day wait for a response is laughable if it wasnt so terrible.

48. TimHogklint

TimHogklint

49. princerowee

princerowee

Hi I have the same issue. Paypal didn't work even my 2 visa card. not sure why.

50. tughanalpaslan

tughanalpaslan

The solution that worked for me is:
    I have contacted my service provider and requested them to change my IP blocks. I'm not sure if they did something else more but it worked for me.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022