Search Unity

Can't buy assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by imaewyn, May 1, 2016.

1. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

I followed up with @Luschie and can see the settlement from PayPal. I will assume @Luschie's issue has resolved since I haven't received the response.

For @Vorlian, I haven't heard back in last few days after I sent out the related information. I will also assume @Vorlian's issue has been resolved as well.

Please feel free to reach out for your payment related issue and I will try my best to help. Thanks everyone!

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same problem here. I can't purchase assets using my credit cards. I sent a message to support @Unity few days ago and still no response. Can anybody help?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. Efril

Efril

Also faced the same problem when trying to pay with Visa Electron card. Mailed to support and waiting for response. Not sure about billing address of the card as I can't find anything related to it in the bank documents. Only address related to bank account in Russian (which I translated into English and typed as billing address).

5. wood333

wood333

I have been told my purchases were declined and refused by my credit card. But, that's false, I have been billed. In fact I have two assets in the last 3 days for which I have been double billed, and every transaction was declared refused and not billed. What is wrong with the asset store billing system?

Unlike most merchants, there is no customer phone line to get this resolved. My next step will be contesting the billing through the credit card company, then a consumer complaint. It's sad.

Don't think I don't know how the billing system works. If you check you will see I own over 200 of your store assets, all purchased with the same card, the one I used to buy lunch, today. That's right. There is nothing wrong with the card.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Dustin-Horne likes this.
  6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

7. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

It seems the payment system was down on Friday where double payments occurred. Please e-mail support@unity3d.com as they are taking care of each of these cases!

8. wood333

wood333

Actually, you are wrong. I had errors on Thursday the 19th and Saturday the 21st. It was not a one day occurrence confined to Friday.

9. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Alright, but Support are still the ones helping you out :) I pinged the team and they have your case, so it's being looked into.

10. wood333

wood333

Thanks Sara,

The Asset Store purchase has worked well for me in the past. Maybe that's why it was surprising when this happened. Also, when a purchase fails, nothing should happen. Failing by double billing is a particularly nasty result.

One final thought. The Asset Store main page could have a link to "support". Now that i know how to contact them, it's a simple matter, but it was frustrating at first. If there was contact information in the Asset Store tool bar it would have been much easier to do, and I would not have had to post or search forums. I think you should add a contact/support link to the Asset Store main page, (somewhere in there). Save us all some aggravation.

Personal thank you for your assistance.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  11. wood333

wood333

FYI - On your statement I tried another purchase, this of an asset I have been waiting for going on sale. Again, today, the purchase failed.

12. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@wood333, we are investigating your recent purchased and will get back to you soon.

13. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@wood333, can you please try again? we would like to make sure your issue has been resolved. Also, we confirmed we don't charge you any fee for your failed transaction. Please let me know if there is any and I will refund them accordingly. Sorry for the trouble and looking forward to hear good news from you soon.

14. jokarajt

jokarajt

@teddyl168 Hi, I just experienced this problem and asset store gave me this error:
    "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank.[ERR:107]"
    It has charged my card but the purchased has failed .
    I'll appreciate if you can check this for me.
    Thanks

15. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@jokarajt, I reviewed your log and found there were 4 attempts to purchase "Chart And Graph" but rejected due to billing address mismatched? I encountered few cases failed due to proxy. I will suggest you to disable proxy if you are using it currently and try it again because sometime proxy will impact the accuracy for the address checking. Hope this helps.

jokarajt likes this.
  16. jokarajt

jokarajt

Thanks very much, But will the rejected purchases refund ?

17. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@jokarait, there are all reversed now. There should not have any payment request for you or let me know otherwise.

18. balthazad-blake

balthazad-blake

Im having the same issues as you guys have encountered i contacted support but they have not done anything about tiit yet,is there someone specific to contact so that he or she can work on it quick its really important

19. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@balthazad-blake , according to our records, your original card was ending 4562 and it was be declined by your card issuer because insufficient founds. We can tell you tried to use another card ending 8005 but also be declined by card issuer due to fraud suspicion. Unity didn't reject your cards but the card issuer. So, I will suggest you to contact your card issuer and checking why your card is lack of fund for card ending 4562 and also why card ending 8005 is fraud suspicion.

20. balthazad-blake

balthazad-blake

my mom went to the bank,the first card maxed out meaning it ran out of funds so i couldnt use it so i told my mom to get me another card,she did so but some info about it was outdated as the card number , i called and told her to check it, the bank said they updated it but still it was referring to the old number , still the window of the one time password of the card when buying a few things was open and my little cousin was messing with it , told me that he just typed numbers and hit enter,i checked with the bank they said it is because that the one time password was wrongly entered several times , they updated everything on the card and i used it yesterday and even today buying the microsoft license etc(if thats what you call it), the guys at the bank said you guys can only fix it and the card is usable on every other website @teddyl168

21. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@balthazad-blake , I am looking for your last 47 times attempts (the last attempt was 2017-02-08 20:10:18) and it looks like the card number was missed, address was missed, zip code was missed, CVV code was missed and even card holder name was missed and all refused by your card issuer. I can tell why your bank identified this card was fraud suspicion because it really seems someone was playing around that card. I will suggest you to contact your bank and getting another card for your further purchase or waiting card issuer to restore your credit score (it will take some times). In this case, there is not much Unity can help and thanks for your understanding.

22. balthazad-blake

balthazad-blake

Do check again everything has been entered,the bank said that theres no problem with the card so why is the transaction still failing

23. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@balthazad-blake ,I didn't see transaction from you after 2017-02-08 20:10:18. When you contact your bank to reset your information?

24. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

@teddyl168 I've just encountered this same problem, I put in a support ticket last night about it. I tried a number of times, could you please tell me what it is failing on? I have tried to change subtle things like the postal code with a dash, or a space, or removing my middle initial in case it needs to match billing which doesn't have that... Nothing seems to work. If you cannot get my email address through the forum account, I can contact you directly. Can you please look into this for me?
    Same issue posted by everyone else, it rejects a card that I used in the past, with the same details I used. Card is not the issue it has not been frozen, and the balance owed is zero.

Edit: Reading back, I certainly hope I am not going to end up charged for every attempt I've made, even with refunding it, there is going to be hassles with exchange rates being different in either direction, if I end up having to pay a few dollars for each failed attempt because of a system that's clearly not working right, I'll be pretty miffed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  25. jsl_entco

jsl_entco

@teddyl168 We bought plugin from Asset Store and got Err:107 keep appear
    It cost us $345 and We keep Change our CCard to try and Still Failing .We ask our bank
    They say all be charged by store .and many times. It is a lot money.

What can we do now? We Only need Just 1 Buy. Not Several times.
    Our card last four numer
    May got Charge Below
    8252*3
    4109*n
    9424*1
    0172*1
    0105*1
    Please Help us Thanks

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  26. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi @jsl_entco

I have just responded to your query in your support ticket. Let's discuss this in there :)

Anyone else getting issues, please submit a ticket via our online form and we can look into each case individually as we don't want to get into the realms of offering support around financial issues in a public forum.

27. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@jsl_entco ,I have replied your inquired in another thread you created separately.

28. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@Astaelan1 ,The original declined was your card issue and I saw you had success order created on 2/20. So, I think you have figured out the issue now. I have replied your inquired in another thread you created separately.

29. Astaelan1

Astaelan1

@teddyl168 Thank you, I responded in the private thread.

Best of luck to the others who are having difficulties, I sorted mine out, thankfully it was my bank and no false charges for failed attempts.
    For those who are sure their card works, make sure your bank didn't flag the transactions as suspicious. In 15 years, I've never had my bank stop a transaction from hundreds of one-time new merchant purchases, and my card worked for purchases after trying with Unity.

I won't point fingers as to why this is the case (it may be some bad information in a database), but I suggest that Unity look into some of the banks that are in common on the buyer-side. I suspect you'll see a pattern of certain banks that are rejecting the transactions. My bank basically told me the reason it happened is that Unity must be on a bad actor list to cause flagging of transactions like this. There may be any number of reasons that they got flagged in the first place, but I can say with certainty that this issue did not exist in 2015, when I last purchased an asset with the same card on the same account, so something since then has changed.
    So what did Unity do in the past couple years that was so bad to land on a list that even prior history of purchases won't stop the bank from declining it?

Again, good luck to everyone else, and thanks again @teddyl168 for still getting back to me despite the problem being resolved.

30. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Most likely nothing. They changed the third party payment processor they use to process transactions on the asset store. I think the issue might be related to the fact that the payment processor is international (not in the US).

31. jsl_entco

jsl_entco

OK Thanks . We are Only Bought at 2017/02/18. And nerver try it again after the issue Happened. And Now After We Check the Bank All Payment seems all reject. Thanks for help. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  32. jsl_entco

jsl_entco

teddyl168. Thank you very much.
    All payments seems all Reject. After checking the Bank. if still got any charge.
    We will let you know. Really thank you. for help.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  33. udosc

udosc

Same here, neither credit card nor Paypal works. This sucks, the purchase would have been time-critical. :(

34. jonkalog

jonkalog

Hello same problem here. I tried my card and all i got is

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank.[ERR:107]

The thing is that the card is a prepaid debit mastercard and i called to my bank to change the securepassword the website asked me for on the pop up window. I changed this and then i retried. No luck.

Then i saw that
    The payment was declined by the payment gateway with this message:

The card was declined

I really cannot understand why.

35. jonkalog

jonkalog

For us it is time critical to be honest as we plan to buy a license on unity as well next month and this seems so annoying to the finance department.

36. jonkalog

jonkalog

Good morning all.

Unity guys?! Any quote here as what we should expect?

We would really appreciate an answer about his matter mates!

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  37. jonkalog

jonkalog

Good morning guys. I have send an email to the asset store team but they did not respond. Can someone please inform me about the status of my petition?

38. jonkalog

jonkalog

@teddyl168 do you know what is happening and we have no response yet? Is our issue investigated somehow? Weekend is coming i know and people may want to rest. But i would really like to give a proper answer to my supervisor about the matter.

39. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

40. jonkalog

jonkalog

Yes i saw it right now. The moment i pressed post i saw the alert. Sorry for the spam.

41. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@udosc ,I replied you in another thread and thanks.

42. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Now I can't buy assets with my paypal account. Choose PayPal, enter my paypal email address as I always do and I'm greeted with this lovely. unitypaymentfailure.PNG

43. Sn2

Sn2

@teddyl168 recently I tried purchasing one asset 3 times and received the same error. Can you give more details why it got failed?

44. Sn2

Sn2

recently I tried purchasing one asset 3 times and received the same error. Can you give more details why it got failed?

45. Sn2

Sn2

I believe there is some really bad implementation within Unity asset store payment engine. I even tried using Entropy card which was pre loaded but got the same error message. Can someone look into details?

46. VinceBryce

VinceBryce

This issue in your asset store billing still exists. I am having the same problem as others above. My issue started two days ago and I created a support ticket. Because of the poor customer service system in the store, we have to wait for a reply to our email. Two days is unacceptable for a support reply when you are dealing with a customers money. So we then start looking for other avenues like this one. Someone above said we don't want to start getting into using forums for support, but that is the environment your support model is creating. I need to purchase assets to build my game and the store is declining my card and charging my card at the same time. So the charge is showing in my statement but I did not get any goods. This is a serious issue and it appears to have been happening for awhile and there isn't a good way for customers to deal with the issue. I need assistance and I'm hoping posting here will press the issue a bit and maybe you guys will rethink how you are dealing with this one. Hint - this is not a good way.

47. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I have also attempted to escalate these ongoing issues with Asset Store staff because it needs to be looked at more broadly, not just on a case by case basis. Imagine how many people this is happening to that aren't posting about it in the forums.

48. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@Sn2 ,I have replied you in separated thread. Basically, your transaction was declined by PayPal rather than Unity.

49. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@VinceBryce ,I have replied you in separated thread and we are happy to see you have changed the way for your transaction with Unity and got succeed on 4/3.

50. Gru

Gru

Hi, i am having the same issue. The error I get is:
    133.194 Billing Charge Failed: 34: REFUSED:FRAUD SUSPICION
    Paypal is not an option for me so I need this issue resolved before the sale ends.