Search Unity

Can't buy assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by imaewyn, May 1, 2016.

1. imaewyn

imaewyn

Two days ago I bought asset and all was ok. Now I can't do it, I tried use two cards Visa Electron which I use for usual purchases and which working everywhere. Today I bought milk with one of this f. e.)) Something wrong with my account? why I did not receive a message that explains the reason? It's not good, especially these problems fall to deadline of your project((( Support don't answer for my mail. What i've saw on purchase page "We're sorry, we could not process your card at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank"

I've tried to use another empty account. Issue the same...what happening in this world?

makaka-org and ULTRAWEN like this.
  2. kediya

kediya

Same problem here...

makaka-org likes this.
  3. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

I wonder if Unity changed companies for processing payments recently?

There have been a few other recent threads on the same topic.

ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  4. imaewyn

imaewyn

I've decided problem now, when connected visa to paypal. First I had to call to my bank, and they answered that problem wasn't in card. The only bad thing that tech support eliminated from the solution of this issue...

5. GeorgeNov

GeorgeNov

The same thing here. What happened to the store?

6. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

I had the same issue yesterday with Discover card. The unity asset store said the payment failed.
    But my credit card was charged $1.00 from WorldPay. I called Discover and they said they approved the transaction, but the Unity store determined it was declined, so I don't know what the issue is.
    The strange thing is Discover notified me that the merchant was located outside of the US, and they thought it was suspicious transaction.

assetStore.jpg

I then switched to use my Chase Card, and everything was fine, the payment went through.

j

7. Vyn_Halcyon

Vyn_Halcyon

Well, my CC info got hacked, and was closed. I received the replacement card, but lo and behold, I couldn't update it, so I wrote to support@Unity.com ... 2 MONTHS ago. Twice. Still no word, so i'm wondering if anybody else is having these long queues as well?

Thyil likes this.
  8. mm_ASH

mm_ASH

Same for me =(
    "We're sorry, we could not process your card at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank"
    Checked my card in bank and on Steam - works perfect =))

9. mdnt87

mdnt87

I have this: "We're sorry, we could not process your card at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank"
    My bank says they have not requests from the store. And my card is ok.

Thyil likes this.
  10. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Sorry about this, we have escalated the issue to the teams that are working on a fix. For now, using PayPal is the best solution.

Thyil likes this.
  11. Vyn_Halcyon

Vyn_Halcyon

Paypal also got rejected, despite it working fine for everything else.

I think if the CC got rejected, it blocks the Paypal option too for some odd reason.
    Anyone else having this problem, or does Paypal work for you, despite CC not working?

Thyil and ozzy212 like this.
  12. Nurghelm

Nurghelm

13. Fishypants

Fishypants

Same problem here, both PayPal and Credit Cards do not work. I cant even find a place to change which credit card I want to use, all it lets me do is enter an address.

Thyil likes this.
  14. erichkr

erichkr

I have the same difficulties with payment: "The system failed to process your card at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank". My last payment on April 21 was successful. Unfortunately because of this problem, I could not buy one asset on the 24-hour sale :(

Thyil likes this.
  15. calebc01

calebc01

I'm having problems as well. If I make more than a handful of transactions, the Unity Store blocks me. I called my card company and they've indicated that they aren't blocking the transactions. Somehow, the Unity Store API screws it up. Pretty damn annoying. It's happened with two cards so far.

Thyil likes this.
  16. erichkr

erichkr

I'm having this problem again too. It has been fixed for a short time for me - I was even able to successfully make a purchase in the first half of May. But now it repeats again.

Thyil likes this.
  17. calebc01

calebc01

Still problems here as well. Oddly, I tried two times back to back the other day, separated by about one minute, and the second time it worked.

I may open a PayPal account to see if it makes the international transaction easier (presuming the Asset Store support PayPal). I do hate PayPal quite a bit, but... deals with the devil and all that...

Thyil likes this.
  18. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@SaraCecilia could you look into this again? I'm worried that this may be a more pervasive problem that may be affecting publisher revenues as well.

19. NathanHale1776

NathanHale1776

Not working for me today 7/1/2016 not everyone uses paypal need a fix on this asap

20. kent0038

kent0038

It happened to me too on 7/2/2016. It's really annoying. I can't buy the assets I want.

21. AngryMoleRat

AngryMoleRat

I'm having this problem right now. I just bought something on amazon the same day. I use Visa.

22. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

It's Unitys payment processor. I'm passing this along.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  23. doriank

doriank

Unity Technologies

Hi there. I oversee the team that runs the Asset Store at Unity. This is definitely troubling. Can you send me the email address you used for the transaction. I'm going to have our payments team look into what happened in the backend, and they need your email to do it.

Thanks!

24. MAXFORCE

MAXFORCE

The same problem happened to me. I can't buy asset in assetstore. Somebody managed to solve it?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  25. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@MAXFORCE please see Dorian's comment above and DM him your email address.

26. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

How do you know he is an actual Unity employee?
    I'm not going to send information to someone who hasn't created an official profile.
    There's nothing that indicates he actually works for Unity.

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  27. aliceingameland

aliceingameland

Administrator

I've just added Dorian's staff badge -- I can confirm he's legit :)

Sidenote: If anyone is ever in doubt or needs to confirm that someone is an actual UT employee, please feel free to ping me.

Dustin-Horne and ArachnidAnimal like this.
  28. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure.
    I'll be sending over my details too, because the asset store purchases have failed a couple of times for me too, although the last two purchase went through fine.

aliceingameland likes this.
  29. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Sorry, I know who he is from the asset store publishers group and I linked him to this thread so I didn't even notice he didn't have the staff badge. Good catch though. :)

@aliceingameland - great to see a new Unity face gracing the forums more frequently. Kudos!

30. MAXFORCE

MAXFORCE

I have wrote my question to email -> assetstore@unity3d.com. They have worked on problem. And today they successfully resolved the problem.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Dustin-Horne likes this.
  31. WBI-LLC

WBI-LLC

Got the wonderful "The system failed to process your card at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank" when I went to buy the Multiple Terrain Brush. Unfortunately, it's on 24 hour sale so I'll miss out on that. Also the dev has no other outlets to purchase this asset so I am left with the forums as my only option... Is there any way to fix this? Never had a problem with the store before now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  32. Dev234

Dev234

I am also having a problem buying the asset from the asset store! I have tried 2 different cards with no luck. Can anyone help me?

33. deroy10

deroy10

Unity Technologies

Hi @Dev234 . Can you send me your email address please so we can look into this.

34. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@deroy10 - If you're on the asset store team and officially Unity, could you have someone please get your Unity Technologies badge added here on the forums? It's your first post and users should be leary about sharing information with a source that isn't confirmed official. Just for precautionary reasons.

Maybe @aliceingameland can get that setup for you.

ArachnidAnimal and mindVoke like this.
  35. mindVoke

mindVoke

I am also having the same problem. Can anyone help me resolve the issue as this has been a critical blocker on our project. I already PM'ed @doriank and currently waiting for his reply.

36. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

@mindVoke @Dev234 Have either of you received a reply yet?

37. hfarhan37

hfarhan37

Has these issues solved yet? I'm facing the same problem with following message: "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank."

38. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Did you try with another card or using PayPal (or is that not an option)?

Re: issues being resolved - it is still being looked into (just checked with Dorian).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  39. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Do they have any updates? They've been looking into it for 2 1/2 months and at one point Dorian mentioned it may be because it runs through a foreign bank but we haven't heard anything since.

40. gpuig

gpuig

I have this problem too. Y tried with 3 credit cards and a Paypal account and nothing.
    Please I need a solution, it's important. Thanks

41. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@gpuig, I will follow up with you for your issue offline.

42. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@mindVoke@Dev234, can you send me your e-mail in order to help you?

43. hfarhan37

hfarhan37

Thanks for looking into it. I don't have any other card & paypal is not supported in my country. I sent a message to the support & they replied that I have to check billing address. I double checked it. It is okay. I purchased from asset store with same card with same billing address before and I had not any problem with it. It is really frustrating.

44. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

@teddyl168 is current looking into everyone's cases, please reply to his message or PM him if you have issues and haven't been reached out to yet.

45. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

figured out the issue for @gpuid and waiting for the information from @mindVoke and @Dev234. Thanks!

46. Vorlian

Vorlian

@SaraCecilia , im having the same issue tried with 2 different cards already but not success

47. Vorlian

Vorlian

@teddyl168 same issue here can anyone please take a look what is going on please

48. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@Vorlian, I will follow up with you in private channel and thanks for contacting with us.

49. Luschie

Luschie

I have issues purchasing items too. I can't buy via paypal. After clicking the the purchase button there is an error message: FOLLOWING ERROR OCCURRED: 123.004 RESOURCE NOT FOUND!
    Can you help me?

50. teddyl168

teddyl168

Unity Technologies

@Luschie, please send me your account e-mail for further investigation. Thanks in advance.