Search Unity

Can't build with unsaved scene changes

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by liortal, May 5, 2020.

1. liortal

liortal

Attempting to run a build (Build > New Build > Default Build Script), in case i have unsaved scene changes, it will prompt about it, but will not let me build, even when i select Don't Save.

This prints the following error to the console: SBP ErrorUnsavedChanges

Also, attempting to run "Analyze rules" with pending scene changes and selecting Don't Save throws this exception to the console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.BuildPipelineTasks.GenerateLocationListsTask.Run (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.IAddressableAssetsBuildContext aaBuildContext, UnityEditor.Build.Pipeline.Interfaces.IBundleWriteData writeData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/Build/BuildPipelineTasks/GenerateLocationListsTask.cs:60)
    3. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AnalyzeRules.BundleRuleBase.RefreshBuild (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.AddressableAssetsBuildContext buildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/Build/AnalyzeRules/BundleRuleBase.cs:106)
    4. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AnalyzeRules.CheckBundleDupeDependencies.CheckForDuplicateDependencies (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings settings) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/Build/AnalyzeRules/CheckBundleDupeDependencies.cs:57)
    5. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AnalyzeRules.CheckBundleDupeDependencies.RefreshAnalysis (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings settings) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/Build/AnalyzeRules/CheckBundleDupeDependencies.cs:39)
    6. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AnalyzeSystem.RefreshAnalysis (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AnalyzeRules.AnalyzeRule rule) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/Build/AnalyzeRules/AnalyzeSystem.cs:92)
    7. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.<RunAllSelectedRules>b__4_0 (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AnalyzeRuleContainerTreeViewItem ruleContainer) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/GUI/AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.cs:68)
    8. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.PerformActionForEntireRuleSelection (System.Action`1[T] action) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/GUI/AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.cs:59)
    9. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.RunAllSelectedRules () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/GUI/AssetSettingsAnalyzeTreeView.cs:66)
    10. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.GUI.AnalyzeRuleGUI.<OnGUI>b__3_0 () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.3/Editor/GUI/AnalyzeRuleGUI.cs:38)
    11. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:322)

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Gotcha. I'll kick this over to the team. Which version of the editor and Addressables are you using?

3. liortal

liortal

I was testing it on a project in 2019.3.12, using package version 1.8.3

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Connected with the team. Basically the "Don't Save" action is essentially a "Cancel" action. The team is aware that is a bit confusing, so thank you for flagging.

CrandellWS likes this.