Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can't build VR project for Mac and Linux from Unity 2020.1.10f1 on Windows

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by VitoCrauserg, Oct 22, 2020.

1. VitoCrauserg

VitoCrauserg

I've migrated my VR project from Unity 2019 to Unity 2020, which means I'm using the new XR Management plugin. I'm also using Vive Input Utility and SteamVR Plugin. The editor works just fine as expected, but the problems comes at building.

It is possible to make a build for Windows 10, but each time I try to make a build for Mac or Linux, a get the warning "Cannot build player while editor is importing assets or compiling scripts". And the log shows an error for each file at Assets/SteamVR saying, for example,

Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR.cs(619,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'TrackedDevicePose_t' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

And also:

Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR.cs(305,84): error CS0103: The name 'OpenVR' does not exist in the current context

Why is this happening?

2. gilesrwood

gilesrwood

I'm getting the same problem - did you ever find a solution? Or do I just need to downgrade back to Unity 2019?

3. FrankvHoof

FrankvHoof

glenneroo and VitoCrauserg like this.
  4. gilesrwood

gilesrwood

Thanks very much - I'll stop wasting my time on it then, since I am only at the beginning of trying to convert a game to VR.