Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't build to WebGL at all on main desktop machine (Win X64)

Discussion in 'Web' started by Kk_radford, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Kk_radford

Kk_radford

I can't build any WebGL projects on 2019.1.5f1 (stable), the 2019.2.01b or the 2019.23.0a11.

With each of these Unity installs, building for WebGL crashes at IL2CPP compilation causing BSOD 100% of the time. Even with blank projects.

I have built my current project on an alternate machine with no issue, so I don't think it's anything to do with the project, and like I said, it happens with blank projects too.

The BSOD returns a kernal error, or a paging error most of the time.

I have tried reinstalling the C++ development tools through visual studio 2019, but it made no difference.

Anyone any ideas?

2. JJJohan

JJJohan

During the compile it'll hit the CPU pretty hard, often maxing out the cores - it sounds like you might have a hardware issue (overheating possibly) with that machine. Try running a stress test for the same amount of time it takes for it to blue screen during a WebGL compile (Prime95 is a popular one) or so and see if it blue screens during that to rule out Unity (it really shouldn't be able to cause blue screens)

Kk_radford likes this.
  3. Kk_radford

Kk_radford

You were so right, the comp went through the stress test just fine, but I bumped my overclock down anyway and everything is right as Reagan again <3