Search Unity

Can't build project to anything but Linux x64

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kenshirosan, May 15, 2020.

1. kenshirosan

kenshirosan

I'm running Untiy 2019 and I run into problem: I don't have any other build option but Linux x64. I tried to install modules thru Hub, but it does nothing. I have MonoDevelop installed in my system, and also have noticed that Build option is disabled, maybe it is caused by the same problem. Do anybody know what is the problem?

2. elbarz

elbarz

What platforms you want to build to?

3. andrews_unity

andrews_unity

Unity Technologies

This has generally been caused by a hub installation issue where content doesn't goto the proper folder for the playerback engines. Also we only support Linux 64 in 2019 for Linux, we dropped 32bit support in 2019.2.

You should be able to build other mono based players such as Windows/macOS from Linux as well if you have those modules installed.

4. elbarz

elbarz

If nowadays the only option we have is the Hub to use Unity3D, where should be the proper folders to run correctly?
    Do you think that if linux users could have the access to the source code, couldn't we be able to compile it with newer libraries, therefore, could be supported in bleeding edge distros were are in kernel 5+? I would like to make apps and games for linux phones that support wayland or Mir by vulkan instead of OpenGELS. Since you might be a software engenier, you may maybe alredy tried that since that is all new it may have more cons than pros.