Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't build: IOException: Failed to Move File Classes.jar

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by Tarrag, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Tarrag

Tarrag

Hi friends,

Hoping someone can help, it's been a week and I'm not winning this one. I'm trying to build in 2018.1/2018.2 Unity the SampleScene within ARFoundation (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples) or a simple scene I make in 2018.2 where I installed packages ARFoundation and AR Core XR plugin.

error -> IOException: Failed to Move File / Directory from 'Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\classes.jar' to 'Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\libs\classes.jar'.

FYI I can build no problem ARCore SDK 1.3.0 and ARInterface examples.

I can see classes.jar in the following folders. When Unity stops the build at the error I cannot see classes.jar in Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\ or Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\libs\
    - arfoundation-samples\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\arcore_client\libs
    - arfoundation-samples\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\google_ar_required\libs
    - arfoundation-samples\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\unityandroidpermissions\libs

I've tried
    - imported GoogleARCore SDK for Unity 1.3.0 in the ARFoundation samples to try open HelloAR scene to no success and to test if PlayServicesResolver could help. (https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-unity-sdk/releases/tag/v1.3.0). Neither did.
    - added <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" /> to AndroidManifest.xml in my Plugins/Android directory
    - switched off antivirus
    - removed allowing files in folders to have contents indexed
    - provided admin rights to unity when running it

I've tested in Unity 2018.2, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.1.1 and prior versions that didn't work either. I run Build System Internal, min API 7.0 target highest installed, no multithreading or gpu skinning, and company.productname filled in. Error occurs both for development and non-development builds.

Thanks a lot for your help! Sergio
    Unity console full error:

IOException: Failed to Move File / Directory from 'Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\classes.jar' to 'Temp/StagingArea\android-libraries\UnityARCore\libs\classes.jar'.
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.MoveFileOrDirectory (System.String source, System.String dest) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.bindings.cs:76)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.ProcessAAR.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:285)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

Have you tried using the Gradle build system? I believe that is required to copy the jar files correctly.

nir11 and Tarrag like this.
  3. Tarrag

Tarrag

Thank you for the lead @timmunity ! I did test it but I couldn't build on an error with this and the other examples -> Could not update C:\Users\user\.gradle\caches\4.0.1\file-changes\last-build.bin (Access is denied) - so I had pushed for internal.

I'm hoping google doesn't run out of hits digging this one like it did with the classes.jar error hehehe.
    Cheers, Sergio

4. stephencoorey

stephencoorey

I had this same problem and selecting Gradle fixed it for me. Previously I have always been able to use Internal though.

Tarrag likes this.
  5. Tarrag

Tarrag

Hey all, quick update in case this can be helpful to anyone who had a similar problem.

I followed cue from this forum and got gradle to work (Internal continues to fail on the same grounds). Gradle was giving me trouble https://stackoverflow.com/questions...adle-build-fails-last-build-bin-access-denied and resolved it by simply selecting the properties of the gradle folder in c and settings its Attributes to not read-only and unhide files.

I wish I had looked into that before lol
    Cheers, Sergio