Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Can't build for Android on Fedora 22 64bit. Can't open temp file

Discussion in 'Linux' started by CyanBlob, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CyanBlob

CyanBlob

I am trying to build for Android, but Unity says it fails to open a file in the Temp directory, forcing me to close Unity. Please see the screenshot here: http://imgur.com/NDm9vTO
    Please note that I can build for Android from Windows 10, so it shouldn't be a problem with the game.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. CyanBlob

CyanBlob

Also note that I am running Unity as root, and haven't modified any file permissions.
    Thanks!

3. Tak

Tak

We don't recommend doing that. (Future versions will actually warn at startup.)

I can't tell from your screenshot - is this during player build, or during asset reïmport when switching platforms?
    Can you send an editor log from a session where this occurs?
    Finally, have you checked the obvious things like disk space, etc.?

4. CyanBlob

CyanBlob

This was because I had originally installed Unity to /usr/local, which is owned by root. Changing ownership of the Unity directory to my user caused it to fail to launch, saying something about a chrome server or something needing to be owned by root.
    Reinstalling to my user directory fixed my problem.
    Thank you.