Search Unity

Cant build App - Unable to install APK to device

Discussion in 'Android' started by Stexxy, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Stexxy

Stexxy

Hi,
    want to build my first app , have tried different ways an got straight from failure to failure.
    Now i can build the App but have Problems to get that on my Test phone. (Samsung galays A3 2016)

I get the massage Unable to Install APK to device.

Have changed the settings from Storage to Automatiic.
    Dont know what to do now....
    I think SDK is installed correctly ( have changed the Version of Tools to 25.2.5
    because of build errors earlier.)

Any help for me ?

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to install APK to device. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the Console for more details.
    C:\SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe -s "5203f7cd604ea33f" install -r "C:\SDK\testapp.apk"

stderr[
    adb: failed to install C:\SDK\testapp.apk: Failure [-117]
    ]
    stdout[

]
    exit code: 1
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.ADB.RunInternal (System.String[] command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.ADB.Run (System.String[] command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice.Exec (System.String[] command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice.Install (System.String apkfile, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDeploymentTargetsExtension+<UploadAPK>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 ()
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDeploymentTargetsExtension.UploadAPK (UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport buildReport, UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice device, UnityEditor.ProgressTaskManager taskManager)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDeploymentTargetsExtension+<LaunchBuildOnTarget>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 ()
    UnityEditor.ProgressTaskManager.Run () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/ProgressBarUtils.cs:71)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDeploymentTargetsExtension.LaunchBuildOnTarget (UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport buildReport, DeploymentTargetId targetId, UnityEditor.ProgressHandler progressHandler)
    UnityEditor.DeploymentTargets.DeploymentTargetManager.LaunchBuildOnTarget (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport buildReport, DeploymentTargetId targetId, UnityEditor.ProgressHandler progressHandler) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/DeploymentTargets/DeploymentTargetManager.cs:36)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer+<Launch>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__1 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:173)
    UnityEditor.ProgressTaskManager.Run () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/ProgressBarUtils.cs:71)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Launch (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String path, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:189)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

2. Stexxy

Stexxy

problem solved .

3. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

How did you solve this? I'm running into something similar.

4. this-dot-kyle

this-dot-kyle

+1 to this, would be nice to know how you solved it. I am having the exact same problem.

5. SteelGames2

SteelGames2

I have same erorr

6. FallingRocketGames

FallingRocketGames

What's the point of opening a thread if you are not sharing the solution to the problem?

oliVRqin likes this.
  7. babji3

babji3

Plz solve .

8. orgelvarg

orgelvarg

A solution that worked for me when having problems with the Android.apk was to uninstall the app on my phone and re-building the app after that. Try it out!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    miladziai, WaltherEvans95 and Smart11 like this.
  9. WaltherEvans95

WaltherEvans95

It works for me!