Search Unity

Can't build and run SDK examples on device

Discussion in 'AR' started by hsyeo, Nov 28, 2018.

1. hsyeo

hsyeo

1st error:
    Error running MLDB install
    C:/Users/xxx/MagicLeap/mlsdk/v0.18.0\tools\mldb\mldb.exe "install" "-u" "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Unity Projects\ML1\test2.mpk"

stderr[
    error: Manifest for /data/local/tmp/test2.mpk not valid
    ]
    stdout[
    [ 0%] test2.mpk
    [ 0%] test2.mpk
    [ 1%] test2.mpk
    [ 1%] test2.mpk
    [100%] test2.mpk
    ]
    at UnityEditor.Lumin.Utils.Command.RunInternal (UnityEditor.Lumin.Utils.Context ctx) [0x00057] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\Lumin\Editor\Managed\Utils\Command.cs:82
    at UnityEditor.Lumin.Utils.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Lumin.Utils.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg, Boolean allowFailure) [0x00024] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\Lumin\Editor\Managed\Utils\Command.cs:100
    at UnityEditor.Lumin.PostProcessor.Tasks.RunBuildTask.Execute (IPostProcessorContext ctx) [0x0013e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\Lumin\Editor\Managed\PostProcessor\Tasks\RunBuildTask.cs:68
    at UnityEditor.Lumin.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (IPostProcessorContext context) [0x0004b] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\Lumin\Editor\Managed\PostProcessor\PostProcessRunner.cs:56
    at UnityEditor.Lumin.PostProcessML.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args, Boolean incremental) [0x0003d] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\Lumin\Editor\Managed\PostProcessML.cs:76
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2nd error:
    CommandInvokationFailure: Error running MLDB install

2. b0wzy

b0wzy

I'm having the same issue... :(

3. b0wzy

b0wzy

updated to lumin os 0.93.0 and it builds now. using unity 2018.1.9f1-mltp9.6

4. Fabien-LG

Fabien-LG

I have updated to lumin os 0.93.0,
    I am using unity 2018.1.9f1-mltp9.6
    and I have the same issue :

1st error:
    Error running MLDB install
    C:/Users/xxx/MagicLeap/mlsdk/v0.18.0\tools\mldb\mldb.exe "install" "-u" "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Unity Projects\ML1\test2.mpk"

stderr[
    error: Manifest for /data/local/tmp/test2.mpk not valid
    ]

2nd error:
    CommandInvokationFailure: Error running MLDB install

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same for me. Can't build any versions of my unity project to magic leap.

Tried to add a custom manifest, deleted the whole project etc.

stderr[
    error: Manifest for /data/local/tmp/MagicCube.mpk not valid
    ]

Lumin SDK 0.18.0
    Visual Studio 2017 Extension 1.0.181012

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Well same for me

7. Timothee_Guillerm

Timothee_Guillerm

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue... It doesn't seem to be an out-of-date software issue as all is up to date (Unity 2018 1.9, Lumin 0.94 and latest ML soft)... I will try using older versions of Unity

8. DeloitteCam

DeloitteCam

I'm also encountering this issue. Building is fine, it's installing the built file that seems to be the issue. When I try and install manually I get:

[100%] test.mpk
    error: Manifest for /data/local/tmp/test.mpk not valid

9. FultonX

FultonX

Same. I just installed latest everything as per devloper portal and am attempting to deploy GLDS2 and it is giving this error.

10. ZhengzhongSun

ZhengzhongSun

Same for me. Any suggestions?

11. DeloitteCam

DeloitteCam

Search for the manifest.xml file and have a look inside. I can't remember exactly what I did but there's lots of comments to uide you

12. IMC-Lab

IMC-Lab

Build & deploy to Magic Leap with Unity 2019.3, Lumin OS 0.98.11 & Lumin SDK 0.24.1:

For those still having issues like those described above with Unity 2019.3... If updating Lumin OS via Magic Leap device settings doesn't work (it didn't on our device), try updating to Lumin OS 0.98.11 following the Developer Flashing Guide:
    https://developer.magicleap.com/en-us/learn/guides/developer-flashing-guide-latest

With a new Magic Leap, after some time getting "cannot verify" errors when deploying builds to our device, we re-read Magic Leap's version compatibility guidelines... Naturally, critical that versions of Lumin OS, Lumin SDK & Unity match:
    https://developer.magicleap.com/en-us/learn/guides/develop-setup
    (scroll down to see version compatibility chart)

UNIQ_Unicorn likes this.