Search Unity

Can't build a project that contains ScriptedImporter

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Wojtasz, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Wojtasz

Wojtasz

Hey guys, I have a problem with Unity and I wasn't able to find any solution.

I have a project that contains ScriptedImporter for my own file format. It all works in the editor but when I want to build actual exe file I get following errors:

Code (csharp):
    1. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(3,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'AssetImporters' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    2. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(7,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptedImporter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(6,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptedImporterAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    4. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(6,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ScriptedImporter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(9,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AssetImportContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    6. Assets\Plugins\OBLImporter.cs(9,26): error CS0115: 'OBLImporter.OnImportAsset(AssetImportContext)': no suitable method found to override
    So how do I solve this problem?

2. Helienio

Helienio

remove the experimental in unity 2020

using UnityEditor.AssetImporters;

xevenpublicidad likes this.
  3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Problem here looks like you have scripts that are making use of UnityEditor namespace that are not in an 'Editor' folder.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. epratt

epratt

I'm having this problem, too.

I currently have the scripts listed in my 'Editor' folder in my project assets and when I attempt to build I get the same errors.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using System.IO;
    4. using UnityEditor.AssetImporters;
    5. using UnityEngine;
    7. [ScriptedImporter(1, "pdf")]
    8. public class PDFImporter : ScriptedImporter
    9. {
    10.     public override void OnImportAsset(AssetImportContext ctx)
    11.     {
    12.         byte[] bytes = File.ReadAllBytes(ctx.assetPath);
    13.         PDFAsset pdfa = new PDFAsset(bytes);
    15.         ctx.AddObjectToAsset("main", pdfa);
    16.         ctx.SetMainObject(pdfa);
    17.     }
    18. }
    I had some code attempting to grab PDFs in my Resources folder, but it wouldn't work until I added a custom importer for them. Could have changed the extension, but the goal is to reduce the amount of work when adding new PDFs to the build because there are going to be many of them.

When running the code in Unity it works just fine, but when I go to build it throws these same errors.

Currently running Unity 2021.1.5f1

5. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

6. Carocrazy132

Carocrazy132

Yes, they said that, I'm having the same issue.
    I fixed this by wrapping the whole file in #if UNITY_EDITOR #endif but this definitely seems like a bug.