Search Unity

Can't browse music audio folders imported from asset

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by m0rr0ws0n, Feb 22, 2019.

1. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

I have a weird problem. I downloaded this music collection asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/music/orchestral/fantasy-music-72886

Ok so it has a top level folder and inside are folders that have a bunch of music files in each. If I click the child folders that contain the music files I literally can't do anything in the editor. The whole editor locks up. It takes like 1-2 minutes to go from clicking the folder to clicking a music file to playing it. So its hard to listen to music to know what I want for my scene.

Once I have one of those child folders that contain the music selected, it's also hard to scroll in the editor (it doesn't register for like 30 seconds-1 minute). It's hard to get out of that child folder with the music because everything takes so long to register. But once I'm not selecting one of those music folders, everything is fine. The editor responds normally. Like I said, its a weird little thing I've got going on and I don't know why. Does it just boil down to the fact that these music files are high quality or something and my computer is too slow to load them when I click on the folder? My computer is about 5 years old but like I said all I have to do is deselect out of one of those child folders that contain the music and to another asset folder, wait like 1-2 minutes and the editor is back responding normally. Sry for being so long winded but I'd really like to know why this is happening as I need to use those music files. As it is now I can't.

Im using Unity 2018.2.10f1

2. m0rr0ws0n

m0rr0ws0n

ok well its still wierd that it happens but what I do is browse what songs I want in windows explorer. Since the unity editor locks up when I enter the folders that have music, I can't drag and drop the sound file onto an audio source. So I use the selector on the audio source and type the name of the file that I want and put it in the audio source. So I don't even need to browse those music directories in unity. Still a really strange issue, noone on my discord channels even understand what I'm talking about.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might want to contact the asset developer