Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can't attach unity debugger to a Hololens 2 app

Discussion in 'AR' started by Swiftle, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Swiftle

Swiftle

Recently I'm not able to connect the unity debugger to any Hololens 2 app. At first I thought the problem was related to my app, but after trying with a brand new simple test app I'm still unable to connect. I'm working with Unity 2019.4.8f1 and using VS2019 Community edition. Everything is updated to the latest version. Here's some additional info.

1. The network works just fine. I was able to attach a debugger from another machine onto another hololens 2 device. Multicasting works fine.
    2. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled VS2019 and it's components with no luck.
    3. The necessary settings(Internet, PrivacyNetwork etc.) are all properly set inside both editor and the appmanifest.
    4. I can connect the profiler and can have the app's output redirected to the editor by inputting the device's IP address.
    5. Resetting the hololens didn't fix the issue either.
    6. I'm using a personal account, so I should have full control over the Hololens.

The only thing I'm unable to do is to attach the debugger to the app. I've tried getting the port number by following the method outlined here https://forum.unity.com/threads/dep...iversal-windows-platform.539685/#post-3791227 but I'm not getting anything. At this point I'm running out of ideas and would really appreciate some help.

2. Swiftle

Swiftle

Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out what was wrong with my PC. My guess is that they might have been an issue with some firewall settings or some left over settings that remained between uninstalls.
    After resetting Windows and reinstalling everything I can once again attach the debugger. If anyone runs into this problem and everything else has failed at least know that a windows reset seems to fix the issue.