Search Unity

Can't assign AssetReference from inspecrtor

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Deadcow_, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Deadcow_

Deadcow_

I try to assign addressable through inspector, property drawer shows the list of addressables in the project properly and I can drag and drop assets from project window (and such assets appears in Addressables window as they should) but whatever I do this AssetReference field immediately set back to None.

Sometimes I notice flicker of assigned addressable name and it set to None right away so I assume that property drawer clearing out assigned assets in the next OnGUI call

addressable.gif

2. Renea

Renea

Is there a solution to this? I did find a short term work around where I could just drag the asset to the inspector, but now It's not even allowing me to do that. I notice that the more assets I add to the Addressable System, the more this happens. Is there a limit to the amount of assets we can add to the System?

3. Hostur

Hostur

I had the same problem + asset reference clear in play mode and remain empty after that.
    Also in asset reference table I cannot assign other index than 0.

4. unity_bill

unity_bill

There are a handful of known bugs that lead to this behavior. Some of them are fixed in 0.4.6, and the rest should be fixed in the next release. So depending on your situation, it may be resolved.

In general there are several fixes to that drawer in 0.4.6, and several more coming soon.

-Bill

5. CapnCromulent

CapnCromulent

I'm still seeing this in 2018.3.0.b10 + 0.4.8. Should I submit a bug report?

6. unity_bill

unity_bill

That would be great. Odds are, we know about what you're seeing, but we're happy to have details submitted in a bug just to be safe.