Search Unity

Can't adjust Animation Clip offsets on Timeline with "Generic" Rigged Characters?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ango84, Nov 10, 2018.

1. ango84

ango84

Hoping to get some help from the community.

I'm making a cut scene in Timeline. I have two human characters that I had trouble rigging the traditional way, but finally got them rigged with Mixamo. Now I want to mix between 3 different mixamo animation clips on the timeline but the Animation Clip Offsets need adjusting and when I click on them, they are disabled/not editable.

The rig for the characters is set to generic. When I change it to humanoid the offsets become enabled but none of the clips (except the original one I exported with the rig/model from mixamo) work/animate.

So it seems like the generic avatar that was exported with the clips works but I can't change the offsets. If I change and config to a humanoid rig, it only works with one clip but the offsets are editable.

Any solutions/workarounds?

2. fherbst

fherbst

Just had the same issue; for future reference: the solution is to make sure your animation clips have a Root Node set on import. Otherwise some Clip Offsets interfaces will show and pretend to work but do nothing, and others will not show. Set a Root Node and it works.

tektonspace likes this.