Search Unity

Can't add Set Position (Mesh)

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by adsilcott, May 5, 2022.

1. adsilcott

adsilcott

I'm using Unity 2021.3.0f1 on Windows. It's an HDRP project with Visual Effect Graph 12.1.6.

I want to get positions based on the vertices of a mesh, so I want to use this block:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...raph@11.0/manual/Block-SetPosition(Mesh).html

But I can't find it. If I select Create Block>Position, all I see is the Position (Signed Distance Field) Block, along with the other standard Set Position options. I don't see either the Mesh or Skinned Mesh options. Searching for Position, Mesh, etc, doesn't show anything either.

I downloaded the Visual Effect Graph Samples project and opened it with the same version of Unity that I'm using. I was able to open and view the demo that uses the Position (Skinned Mesh) block. I transferred the AshesSample.vfx file to my project, and was able to open it and use it without issues, but I still can't add that block to my own graphs, or find it when I search for it in either project.

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

shaikhkaif157 likes this.
  3. adsilcott

adsilcott

I did not, that's the first time I've heard of that setting. I'm not sure where I would have heard of it. It would be nice if it was mentioned on the block manual page that I linked to. It has a note about it being experimental but nothing about access being limited. It would have saved me hours of frustration.

Thanks