Search Unity

Can't add new version of Unity, in hub 2.0.0

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Siegewolf, May 31, 2019.

1. Siegewolf

Siegewolf

I cannot make the hub to download the newest version of Unity (2019.1.4f1). Whenever I proceed to add new install, three things could happen:

1. It shows the progress bar in downloading new install, but very soon just breaks with this message:

Failed to download https://download.unity3d.com/downlo...64EditorInstaller/UnitySetup64-2019.1.4f1.exe

2. It doesn't show progress bar, but it is definitely downloading in the background, and then just stops after some time. No matter if I just quit hub or reset system, it leaves behind almost 2 gb of junk in TEMP dir on system partition that I have manually to delete.

3. I managed once to get to show progress bar and continue to download without that break message, and then it was downloading for some time, after it just stopped (at about 70%). Again, leaving behind almost 2 gb of junk in TEMP dir.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please report a bug through the hub bug reporter, then we can take a closer look into the logs. You can send the link to the reported bug here.

Thanks.
    Afshin

3. dmitry_kr

dmitry_kr

Iam also unable to manage any of Unity installs via Hub. After it downloads all the files and Android sdk`s into Appdata/temp folder it throw an error with text like "Not finished download or corrupted file". It leaves all the downloaded files in AppData temp folder, and I need to manually either delete or install them

4. jackmejias32

jackmejias32

Same thing, but mine doesn't give out any error or pop-ups as to what or why. It just goes back to the default message when you just installed UNITY HUB, the "add or locate" thingy. So I tried all three 2019.x.xxx versions same results. So I went and tried 2018.4.1f1 it is currently being installed. Well hope it goes thru.

Posted this here rather than making a new thread. But there seems to be some issue on the 2019.x.xxx. versions.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    swarajmahindre5 likes this.
  5. TomArtScience

TomArtScience

Almost exactly the same issue as Jack above. I'll try 2018 though the tutorials I'm following call for 2019...

I wish the Unity team made a bit easier for us to direct download the software. I know direct downloads exist - because you can find the odd forum post linking to them, but no comprehensive way to browse them from the site. Yes there's the Archives section, but that doesn't get you the betas...

6. Siegewolf

Siegewolf

New Hub 2.0.1 didn't fix the issue... and I also filled bug form.

hubfail-01 and hubfail-02 images.

Last time when I was able to install three Unity versions through Hub, it was ~30 days ago.

Attached Files:

7. Nicholas-Husk

Nicholas-Husk

I am also having a similar issue, mine will begin the install just fine (the blue bar appears). The bar will even appear as if progress is being made and then once the blue bar reaches the other side (a very long process) it disappears with zero feedback. I do not get the message at the bottom of unity HUB that anything has failed, it just disappears *poof*

I rebooted, reinstalled Unity HUB, and tried a different network... 4 attempts and hours later, same result.

new MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.5)
    Unity Hub 2.0.1
    installing Unity 2019.1.6f1

it has also been ~30 days since I installed using unity hub...

8. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Sorry to hear that.

Would you please report a bug using the hub bug reporter and we can take a closer look into the logs?

9. Siegewolf

Siegewolf

Look Hub folks, you really deserve pies in your faces (maybe an apple pie? So that it's at least a sweet punishment).

I figured out that after 5-15 attempts to add new version of Unity, it may actually go through, but...

Whether it will install assigned modules or not, it's anyone's guess (Linux and Android in my case). Usually that's not a problem, as I can add modules individually if it doesn't install them.

However, Hub somehow managed to install me SDK and NDK for Android, and skipped Android module completely for Unity 2019.1.6f1. Then when I added Android module, it erased SDK and NDK, complaining in the process that it found some "old" Android files. And when I tried to add them again, Hub happily reported that SDK and NDK are all well and installed properly. Leaving me with no other choice but to uninstall Unity 2019 altogether and then go again with 5-15 tries to install it again.

So moral of this story is, I am going to install Unity without modules and then add them individually after installation, for now. *counting pies and number of hub staff*

Saltate likes this.
  10. AlexandruFilipescu

AlexandruFilipescu

Hello, Have you managed to solve it?

11. combine13

combine13

With unity hub 2.3.0 I am having this issue.

KaranUnity1 likes this.
  12. djordan_unity

djordan_unity

This worked for me, from... https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...0101.320976666.1585686574-37597420.1585354364

Workaround that helped:
    1. Uninstall all current Unity Editor versions
    2. Uninstall Unity Hub
    3. Reinstall Unity Hub
    4. Change the Unity Editors path in the Unity Hub
    5. Run the installation as usual via Unity Hub

(Note, clicking Save in settings seemed to do nothing, but exiting out and coming back into settings, showed that the path had changed).

AlexandruFilipescu likes this.
  13. AlexandruFilipescu

AlexandruFilipescu

Thank you for your response I will try it!

14. moosesnWoop

moosesnWoop

Having the same issues with the editor and the modules. 2019.11f

Most likely a connectivity issue because the download drops at different times/different occasions. I've been trying for days now. I've sent reports but the COVID is keeping responses slow.

Unity hub is a laggy AF platform. Give us Direct Downloads and be done with it.