Search Unity

Can't add entities package

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by hurleybird, Apr 29, 2020.

1. hurleybird

hurleybird

In Unity 2019.3.11:

In an existing project I get:

Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.24-timestampfix]:
    Cannot connect to 'download.staging-packages.unity.com' (error code: ENOTFOUND). Verify your environment firewall policies allow connection to this host name. If your system is behind a proxy, verify your proxy environment variables (HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY) are properly set. [NotFound]
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Despite the fact that I can download other packages just fine.

I can add Entities into an empty project, but it gets errored because of an incompatibility with Burst. There's no indication that Burst can be upgraded, until you click on "see all versions" to show the preview packages, but afterwards it works. This is really bad UX and there should be some sort of popup that lets you auto update dependencies to preview versions automatically if needed for another package.

However, when I go into my existing project to try and update Burst, the only thing that comes up is a previous version -- 1.1.1. Yes, I'm showing preview packages, and yes, I've tried deleting my library folder.

2. DreamingImLatios

DreamingImLatios

Your manifest is pointing to the staging registry. You don't need to do this anymore.

Garrafote and janhildebrand like this.
  3. hurleybird

hurleybird

Don't know how it got there, but that makes sense, thanks @DreamingImLatios. However, when I remove that from manifest.json it gets re-added next time I start Unity. As a slight aside, for the life of me I also can't remove the IncrementalCompiler package. It just keeps coming back.

4. hurleybird

hurleybird

5. a649863193

a649863193

go to packageManager window, find the error package, remove it or update to the newest. some packages are depend on "staging-packages.unity.com" so you can't just remove it.