Search Unity

Can't access my account, What can I do?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YousifRagab, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

I used the Two Factor Authentication in my account, I set it to my phone number and connected it to Google Authenticator, I made backup codes but my phone had problems that made me format it.

Now every time I try to access my account it requires me to write the one of the Authenticator codes, I don't have access to the Authenticator any more.

Sometimes i can access my account like now but when I try to use the Mobile Phone option instead of the Authenticator App it requires me to write the one of the Authenticator codes too.

What can I do now?
    Thanks in advance.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you not just reinstall Google Authenticator? And sometimes it works? Can you elaborate? I trust that "formatting" your phone didn't change your phone number.

3. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

I can access my account on my PC because I checked the option to remember me every time I open Unity's website, I have access to everything on this PC but not any other phone or PC.

And when I try to change the Two Factor Authentication Method to use my phone number instead of the Authenticator app it requires me to write a code from the Authenticator that I don't have access to it.

I already reinstalled Google Authenticator, but it didn't have any of Unity codes, it's just empty.
    I still have my phone number and it's connected to my Unity ID but I can't find the option while logging into my account, I only find "Authenticator App recovery code" and "Authenticator App code" but not my phone number.

P.S: Now I can't access Unity Connect.

4. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

Update: I got logged out from Unity Analytics automatically.
    I still logged in Unity Hub and Unity Forums, but I feel this won't last too long.

5. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

I can't access my Unity ID settings now and I go signed out from Unity Hub, but I still logged in to Unity Forums.
    Any help?

6. Why are you writing on the forum? Contact the support and next time if you reinstall the Google Authenticator, first, get some backup codes and store it where you won't lose them before you do that so you won't lose your access to any of the sites/services where you use 2FA with the Authenticator application.

7. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

Thank you, I thought that Unity had the forums only for support, I didn't contact the support before.
    I sent them a message and I will have to wait now, I hope I will regain access to my account soon.
    I saved some backup codes but I don't remember where they are.

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

This is nothing to do with the forums (if it was, there would be an account forum) - and as you realised, you go through the support page. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.