Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot use Unity Remote for Gyroscope

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by huntertom94, Sep 12, 2019.

1. huntertom94

huntertom94

Hello,

I am trying to use gyroscope to rotate my main camera in the game. When I build and run it on my Pixel 3a Device, the game works as I expected.

However, when I run the game on Unity using Unity Remote, I only see a still image on the phone. There is no response no matter how I rotate the phone. I tried to print SystemInfo.supportsGyroscope and it returned false. SystemInfo.deviceName returned my PC's name.

I am wondering if there is any way to solve this issue.

Thank you very much!

2. Gilbert977

Gilbert977

I am having the same issue. running unity 2019.2.13f1

3. huntertom94

huntertom94

Do not close Unity and try running the game for a second time.

The problem I described above happens only at the first time you run the game after every launch of Unity.

4. downstroypvp

downstroypvp

Hi,

I think I am having the same problem (Unity 2020.2.3f1). The supportGyroscope and supportAccelerometer doesn't work the first time I play in editor remote. It works afterwards though.

Has anyone managed to reliably use supportGyroscope/ supportAccelerometer form the SystemInfo class using unity remote 5?

unityunity