Search Unity

Cannot use "detect device" on iOS devices since Unity Cloud Build redesign

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by smithmj5, Sep 19, 2018.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

I am unable to install iOS builds from Unity Cloud Build since the redesign due to an issue with the "DETECT DEVICE" functionality.

The Unity Cloud Build project page shows "WARNING: your device needs to be detected before you can install builds!", and has a button to "DETECT DEVICE", but whenever I click the button it just goes to my project list.

This functionality used to work before the redesign of the Unity Cloud Build page. Anyone else having this issue?

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for holding you up. We have a fix currently in QA. I'll update when it goes out.

3. smithmj5

smithmj5

Many thanks for the quick reply, it's greatly appreciated! Looking forward to the fix!

Also worth noting that on one of my iOS devices I can install builds (had previously done detect device weeks ago), but I still see that message about needing to detect the device, so possibly the check for showing that notice is incorrect?

4. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

The fix is now live. Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

5. smithmj5

smithmj5

Both issues that I noted are fixed for me now.

Many thanks! :)

6. Gwom

Gwom

If anyone sees this in June 2020, only way round it is to use the share button to get a link as per this post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-dashboard-does-not-let-me-install-ios-builds.889621/

@victorw seems the issues is still happening / resurfaced and for me this is the top google search. Just reloads when you click to "detect device" (you do see the Retry/Home? thing flash up but instantly go and then it refreshes to ask you to detect device again). Using an old OS 12.1 and Safari on an iPhone 8

JPBA1984 likes this.
  7. dri_richard

dri_richard

Yes, despite some discussion about rolling back changes, this has never been fixed for me for weeks now. It seems to affect devices/users differently. Everyone else in my team is complaining about it today.

8. fjahgo

fjahgo