Search Unity

Cannot upload WebGl game zip file to Unity3D servers

Discussion in 'Web' started by noeqplease, May 8, 2020.

?

How often do you see uploading errors when uploading to Unity's servers?

1. All the time.

83.3%
  2. Rarely.

16.7%
  3. Never.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. noeqplease

noeqplease

I am having issues uploading to Unity, my karting minigame submission. Can anyone help? I get two errors: open/tmp/a850c11a-9ba0-4e1f-9ec1-bc3fe1362f4d/__MACOSX/Build: No such file or directory. And the other error is: "The field: contentImage is required to continue, when pressing "post". WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!?

This happens every single time I have tried to upload a zip file.

My export settings are DEFAULT. I have tried using either "linear" or "gamma" color space just to make an individual change in the game itself, but nothing changes.

This is AMAZINGLY FRUSTRATING.

Two previous tutorial games, eventually uploaded back in mid April, after trying about 10 times each. Like it suddenly accepted the zip file. NO changes, nothing different.

Is this a bug in the server?

2. noeqplease

noeqplease

• A MyProject.wasm.memory.unityweb file containing a binary image to initialize the heap memory for your player. Note that this file is only generated for multi-threaded builds.

• A MyProject.data.unityweb file containing the Asset data and Scenes.
    These two files were NOT created by the export process. SO, I basically cannot export ANYTHING unless this somehow is sorted out. And no, I am not a debugging expert, at least not if I am not being paid to fix these kinds of compiling errors.

Used the basic Karting Minigame tutorial files, used Unity 2018.4.22f1, and the thing does not export to WebGL properly. I am giving this a few days to see if there si a permanent solution to this bug, or I am going to have to go to a different developer, and try to get my money back for all the assets I already bought, believing this Unity 3D platform was going to be easy enough for me to develop things.

3. FuzzBrutal

FuzzBrutal

I have the same problem. Instead of using the web uploader, I using the publish method from Unity editor: Publish -> WebGL Project.