Search Unity

Bug Cannot upload debugging symbols in the new dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by smithmj5, Nov 1, 2021.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

In the new dashboard, when I go to the "Debugging Symbols" page, it takes about 30 seconds from the time I click the "upload symbol file" button until it shows the drop area for adding a symbol file.

After dragging in a symbol file to upload, and tapping the Upload file button, it takes upwards of 10 minutes to upload the file, the progress percent doesn't update, but then it shows a green checkmark beside it, but the file never shows up in the list.

In the old dashboard I had no issues uploading debug symbols. In the new dashboard it's incredibly slow, frustrating to use, and it doesn't work properly.

Is there another way that I can upload symbol files? Or can I get the old dashboard back?

I've tried the newest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. All have the same issues. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H1, Build 19043.1288.

2. pahe

pahe

Reviving this old thread, but here was a hint to the problem. The exported zip file is simply too large (not compressed?) and you simply extract the zip file and compress it again (this time with real compression).

My original zip file was about 1.6 gig large, with compression it was 360 mb and I was then able to upload the data to the diagnostics dahboard.

original convo: https://forum.unity.com/threads/symbols-zip-is-huge-cannot-upload-to-play-console.957491/