Search Unity

Cannot select specific sprites in sheets

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by AnAngelineer, Jul 23, 2021.

1. AnAngelineer

AnAngelineer

I tried to follow the practice of using "power of 2" textures, and this led me into having unrelated images in the same sheets for the sake of saving memory.
    But now that I am attempting to use the localization package on top of my project, I am having a huge issue : whenever I select a sprite, the whole sheet is selected and appears in the table. And when the game runs, the "first" sprite of the sheet is always the one being displayed.

The problem is that I have my various translations in different places of the sheet.
    What's especially weird is that when I select my sprite, I can actually pick the sprite I want instead of the sheet, and unity displays me that sprite for a moment. But it's gone as soon as I edit anothert sprite in the table.

Is that a bug? If not, how can I choose a specific sprite in the sheet as my translation?

Thank you.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Its likely a bug. Could you file a bug report please?

3. AnAngelineer

AnAngelineer

OK. I am willing to do it but how does that work exactly? Is it a form? A specific part of these forums?

Also, do you want me to take screenshots to illustrate the problem more clearly? Or is the memory/file transfer aspect a problem?

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

5. better_walk_away

better_walk_away

I am still having the same issue in 1.3.2. Only the first sprite in the sprite sheet is being used.

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

We have not looked at this yet. It's on our roadmap