Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot remove old Unity version from the Hub UI

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by james7132, Apr 3, 2018.

1. james7132

james7132

upload_2018-4-2_20-21-8.png

I've since replaced this with another 2017.3.x install, but I do not see an uninstall option here.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This is actually intended. We do not support uninstalling versions that were installed manually. If you download and install through the Hub the option will show up. That said, we have been getting this a lot so there might be plans to accommodate this scenario. I hope this clarifies the issue.

Best,

3. james7132

james7132

This one was installed by the Hub though: note the path it is installed to.

4. eobet

eobet

Your own new input system requires a custom downloaded Unity editor, so yes, that feature should accomodate that scenario, since you yourself are basically forcing it.

5. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@james7132 Could you send me your log file through direct message? I would like to investigate your issue a little deeper. The Hub logs can be found at this location on windows:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

Thanks!

@eobet I am not sure what you mean by "new input system".

6. eobet

eobet

Really? Unity is so large now that you don't know what other sections of your own company is doing?

https://forum.unity.com/forums/new-input-system.103/

The only way to run that is through a custom Editor build, and they won't integrate support until the 2018.2 beta.

7. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry if I offended you by not knowing our own up and coming features. Editor version management through the Hub is focused on a curated list of releases for now. We support other versions but in a more limited way. After our official release (we are still in beta) you will likely see more features related to experimental builds and patch releases. I hope this addresses your concerns.

Best,

8. eobet

eobet

I'm offended that you thought I was offended. ;)

I'm more surprised, since I pictured Unity internally to be smaller and more focused...

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  9. makled

makled

Will a manual uninstall of a manually installed version cause any issues with other Unity versions installed through Unity HUB?

10. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@makled No but you will have to remove the located version in the Hub as well. We don't watch the filesystem in the event of a manual uninstall.