Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot push my changes because Collab tells me I'm up to date

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Rafarel, May 8, 2019.

1. Rafarel

Rafarel

I think everything is in the title.
    Here is a screenshot of the issue at the bottom of the post.
    Happens randomly, force me to restart Unity.
    By the way Collab is a great tool, especially if some of your teammates do not know anything to git, but every of my teammates are obliged to restart unity several times a day for different kind of issues. Most of the time it's because link is lost or wrong UI for a given context.

Collab-up-to-date.PNG

BadUncleGames likes this.
  2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Rafarel! I'm glad to hear that you and your teammates are enjoying using Collab. This particular issue is rare occurrence that sadly doesn't have an easy fix. It's a symptom of the problem of having our Toolbar be written in JS, which doesn't always communicate well the code in the Editor or in our package. That's how you can end up in cases where the icon thinks it's in one state while the Toolbar thinks it's in another. This is one of the many reasons that we're redesigning Collab from the ground up for our new UI. We'd love to get more feedback on our new UI if you have a moment.

Rafarel likes this.
  3. Rafarel

Rafarel

Yes definitely, is there a Beta live somewhere? I can't wait to have a better stability for Collab because my teammates are struggling with it, this is the main pain point for the artists. A collaborator just tells me that he started to re download the whole project because of Collab ... Many thanks for your work, can't wait! :)

ryanc-unity likes this.
  4. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Not yet, but we'll be posting about it soon (within a week or so) to give a timetable of when to expect things, along with what our plans are going forward.

Rafarel and JBR-games like this.