Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Cannot push anything in 5.4.0f3

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MrLucid72, Aug 9, 2016.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I've been trying out the new stable 5.4 after beta testing it for a while --

I can't seem to push - anything, unfortunately. I removed a rather large package, then added a rather large package (removed GameSparks and added PlayFab). Now this is what occurs:

http://recordit.co/wE2A5UjKdK (1 minute after the video, the "cannot submit change" bug returned)

I tried restarting Unity, which usually does the trick, but now I'm a bit stuck. Any clues?

1. I try to publish a rather large push on collab
    2. The publish will attempt to process.
    3. I get a red "!" with a vague error "Cannot submit change to server"
    3b. Sometimes I get a green checkbox (such as in the video above), but within 30s to 5m, the red returns, as well as the uncommitted pieces.

Cheers~

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi,

We are going to look into that, seem like it's trying to push something that is already on the server? From what I see real fast it's trying to push /Assets/PlayFabSdk.meta. Do you have it already on the web dashboard? I will ask the devs here to dig into it a little further.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  3. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @dylanh7244 !!
    We had the team take a look at the files on the server. Can you please rename the file and folder back to:
    That should put you back to a workable state!

MrLucid72 likes this.
  4. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Ahh thanks guys. Trying this now.

I remember there was an old collab bug where it couldn't handle bulk changes - so I removed the playfab dir from the project, pushed with less files changed (with errs), then immediately put the dir back, pushed again with less changes, and it worked... until I put the playfab folder back:

.. When I put the playfab dir back, it still doesn't work, so trying your method now :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  5. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

To update,

Can you please rename the file and folder back to:
    PlayFabSDK.meta
    PlayFabSDK

^ Hmm, perhaps I'm misunderstanding:

I renamed PlayFabSDK.meta to PlayFabSDK.meta2 , and it seemed to generate a new one.
    I renamed PlayFabSDK to PlayFabSDK2, then renamed it back to PlayFabSDK and pushed:

Same err. Still trying different renaming conventions - can you please clarify this a bit more, @holliebuckets ? Thanks!

EDIT: I could push as "playFabSdk2" but renaming back gives the err. Still trying a few things

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @dylanh7244,
    When you renamed the file PlayFabSDK.meta2 you changed the extension type. meta2 is NOT a recognized extension for Unity. Unity will regenerate a .meta for PlayFabSDK2.

A great resource to understand Asset Importing in Unity can be found in the Manual:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/BehindtheScenes.html

Because of all the renaming issue you are currently experiencing, my advice would be to delete the entire project from your local computer and re-download the project from the Cloud. This will ensure your current state matches what is on the server, and you will be able to continue working.