Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot post on forum because of spam filter!!!

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by ZammyIsOnFire1, Jul 17, 2019.

1. ZammyIsOnFire1

ZammyIsOnFire1

This is extremely infuriating!!!
    I am writing completely normal forum post for a problem!

Lets see if I can embed image...

Some help will be appreciated!

2. ZammyIsOnFire1

ZammyIsOnFire1

I cannot even link an image to show you the post. Your forum is completely broken for me!

3. Mauri

Mauri

Maybe you're just too new? ("new" as in "overall low post count")

4. ZammyIsOnFire1

ZammyIsOnFire1

Well. I have no idea what it was but it is unacceptable from my point of view. Cannot post any links? What the hell! I actually worked almost one hour to format it the best possible way to get spam filtered! Ridiculous!

5. Okay, then you go around and report all the spam links we're getting all day long. If it's "Ridiculous" and "unacceptable".

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  6. gustavopinent

gustavopinent

Have the same problem here. I posted a question in the answers, but go no answer there, so I decided to try here, but my post were blocked as spam. Though it was because it was the same, so I did change the text, try again, spam block again! That's annoying!

There is a message advising to contact the administrator but I could not find this contact.

In my opinion, the control of spam by the community itself is more efficient, at list you don't block genuine post. Many people will give up instead of looking for somewhere to complain...

7. ZammyIsOnFire1

ZammyIsOnFire1

The point of forum is to get help. Your spam filter is so bad it stops legit forum posts.
    Thank you! So I am not alone? As everything Unity, it "almost" works. Even forums are not well coded.

8. gustavopinent

gustavopinent

I saw a lot of other posts about it. I hope they solve this soon because I the community to keep my workflow. When I worked with Flash the documentation was enough to do the job all the way, I needed the community only for very specific issues, but the docs of Unity are very incomplete and hard to dig. If they will keep us away from the community, I don't know if I will be able to keep working with Unity, by attempt-error method you don't do much uhh...

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Should be working again now.

10. gustavopinent

gustavopinent

Yes! Just posted. Thank you!

11. Yes, the spams are back as well. :(

12. vovo801

vovo801

Reviving the old thread. Not sure if it is related to the spam filter or not.
    I was participating in discussion in a thread called "How to Setup People Occlusion" (augmented reality feature).
    My first 2 replies were done in 1 day and they appeared on the forum instantly.
    Today wanted to post another reply (perfectly normal, no bad words and no links in it), and I am currently getting this message above my post "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
    It's been about 8 hours and the post has not gone live yet. If someone can assist with this or explain how this works, I'd really appreciate it.

13. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

The spam filter tends to catch replies with code in too. I usually see a lot of codeblocks getting caught in it and from what I see from your post history, I can only assume it's down to that.

As mentioned in other threads, we are reviewing the spam filter and this predicament is also something we can look to improve so helpful replies like yours aren't left for manual moderation.

MadeFromPolygons, Mauri and vovo801 like this.
  14. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

No, you're spamming your link on different threads trying to avoid spam filter. Reported for both posts and you as a user.

Hijacking threads to sneakily spam links to non unity related and also morally questionable websites is 100% against the forum rules. Doing so in a thread that is directly talking about spam being filtered, is ballsy to say the least.

But doesnt hide what it is - spam and an attempt to circumvent the filter.

Also any user coming here, DO NOT click the link they posted.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  15. NickVst

NickVst

Don't bother with responding to that account. It's likely just a bot and your words won't affect it much. Reporting and moving on is your best bet, as always.

The site doesn't seem to be dangerous. Just some scummy WordPress site with people trying to catch a quick buck.

16. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Yeah just wasnt sure as it seemed a bit more intelligent than your average bot attempt to get through forums. I always report first before commenting anyway :)

17. Antypodish

Antypodish

@GameDevCouple_I common, it is obvious bot. It writes completely irrelevant content, to the thread.