Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot perform upm operation: unable to verify the first certificate

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by cloui, Oct 30, 2018.

1. cloui

cloui

Hello,
    I am working behind a corp firewall. I get this error when i open the package manager

Cannot perform upm operation: unable to verify the first certificate [NotFound]
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Is there a url i need to whitelist?

vivektyagi995837 and COZITIME like this.
  2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Hi @Fleer_CTC,

The following domain names need to be accessible (whitelisted in your company firewall rules, if required) for Unity Package Manager to work:
    - packages.unity.com
    - download.packages.unity.com

The Unity Package Manager connects to these URLs using HTTPS by default. You can configure the proxy to use by setting the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables before launching Unity.

Regards,

Pascal

3. cloui

cloui

Hi thank you for the help. @okcompute_unity

We have whitelisted the provided URLs. I am able to open the package manager successfully. But now i get a new error when i try to download a package.
    Talking to my IT department they have requested the ip subnet to whitelist

I have attached an image of the new error when i try to install a new package.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Can you ask your IT to also whitelist these URLs:

* `dl.bintray.com`
    * `api.bintray.com `
    * `akamai.bintray.com`

Let me know if it works, please!

Pascal

cloui likes this.
  5. cloui

cloui

sami_karilainen likes this.
  6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

7. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

I am not working in any corp, I am using a pc but still I get same errors.
    And I just don't know how to whitelist websites(if needed) can anyone please help me, because of these errors I am unable to even view packages like 2d-animation, 2d-ik, etc...

Help me solve this problem or otherwise tell me a way so I can use these packages please...

8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Hi @pratikraut1000,

Do you have an antivirus enabled? For example, Windows Defender was reported to some time to block the Package Manager. What version of Unity are you using?

Regards,

Pascal

9. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

I disabled my antivirus and windows defender but still problem exist..
    And I am using unity 2018.2.18f1 personal, I also tried many other versions but same problem occurred on them also.

Please give me it's solution I am finding its solution for a month. because the 2d animation package is very important for my game

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  10. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

Also here is the log of unity

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
  11. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Sorry to read that you had problems like this for a month :(

Have you tried the latest 2018.3 release? https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/2018.3#download

Looking at the log looks like you are behind a proxy of some sort. The SSL handshake cannot be completed:

Code (CSharp):
    1. <RI> Initialized touch support.[Package Manager] unable to verify the first certificate
    2. Cannot perform upm operation: unable to verify the first certificate [NotFound]
    I suggest you look at this pinned forum thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/network-configuration.590470/

Hope it helps,

Pascal

12. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

Thanks it's not showing that error message anymore by making the .cmd file as shown in that forum.
    But,

New problems just arrived.
    1 ) I still can't see new packages to install

2) if I just tried to change version of package manager then I get this error message

Attached Files:

13. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

In that forum it's telling to replace proxy-url by my proxy server url

But I just don't know what is my proxy server url

Please tell me how to get it...

By the way I didn't replaced that word, but still main error message is not coming

14. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

I cannot help you figure out your proxy URL. I'm sorry.

There are still network related errors in your logs:

Code (CSharp):
    1. <RI> Initialized touch support.UnityConnectOrganizationRequest: Timed out while fetching orgs - please check your network connection
    2. Request timed out while processing request "https://core.cloud.unity3d.com/api/orgs", HTTP error code 0
    3. .[UnityConnect] Request timed out.
    4. [Package Manager] failed to fetch from registry: https://packages.unity.com/com.unity.package-manager-ui
    5. Cannot perform upm operation: failed to fetch from registry: https://packages.unity.com/com.unity.package-manager-ui [NotFound]

15. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

SO what should I do now ?

16. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hello @pratikraut1000,

I'm very sorry you're having issues. Unfortunately, finding if you are behind a proxy is hard. It involves verifying headers for TCP requests or comparing results between server and host requests. You could try a website like these and see if they are able to detect it:
    On top of this check asked above, would you kindly help me understand what type of environment you are under?
    • Are you using Wi-Fi or Wired?
    • Are you at home, in a school, in a work environment?
    • Have you the chance to try a different connection? Perhaps an internet cafe or an open Wi-Fi?
    Thanks kindly for your patience and help in advance,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

17. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

I am connecting my smart phone with my pc via USB cable and enabling USB tethering option...

And I am at my home

18. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

Both websites are telling that no proxy found

And I downloaded unity 2018.3.0f2 but still the main problem is occurring here

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  19. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

Asset store, signing In this things work fluently in my unity. BUT

when it comes anything related to package manager that doesn't work And unity analytics also showing 'request timed out message'

I am sick of this now....:mad:

20. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

@pratikraut1000,

I understand you might be sick of this, but bear with me for a little while more. Permit me to understand what your problem might be and we might potentially find a resolution.

You said you are tethering through a phone. Is this an Android device? What connection speed do you get when you connect? What percentage of package loss do you get? You can easily do this through a ping command on cmd in windows.

Have you access to a connection that is not tethered? A tether is, in essence, a proxy, by the way, and it might be exposing a problem with one of our connection timeouts. In your case, you are not able to do a SSH handshake, which normally, in our tests, points to something taking too long establishing said connection.

For more information, we have team members that tether regularly and haven't seen this issue, which might indicate that there are other variables at play that we haven't identified yet. I'm keen on finding these, with your help, so please, work with me to find them.

Thank you so much!
    Pedro
    Unity STE

21. pratikraut1000

pratikraut1000

Sorry for late reply

1) yes it is an android device

2) average speed I get is 2 MBps

3) I can see only pre installed packages (that may be come with the installer)

4) I just can't afford to buy any broadband for my pc and my pc is very old (2013) and it don't have WiFi connectivity so, can't try another connectivity

Suggestion,
    Why don't you all make a system to install packages offline ? :D

22. wallysach2

wallysach2

Hola. Tengo este problema: Cannot perform upm operation: unable to verify the first certificate [NotFound]
    y leí el contenido de este post pero no entiendo cómo hacer lo de firewall. Podrían detallar como solucionarlo? Gracias

23. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

Hola @wallysach2,

Perdon, pero no hablo espanol muy bien. Con su permisso me voy a continuar en ingles:

Are you at home or at work. Is your firewall controlled by you or by an admin. In general, when this message appears, it means that the firewall is not permitting certificates signed by Unity to safely install, which results in a failure to read/parse package contents.

Cheers,
    Pedro
    Unity STE

wallysach2 likes this.
  24. wallysach2

wallysach2

Hi thanks. I understand what it says, what I do not understand is that in several post and comments on all sides talk about putting the following list in the white list: package.unity.com and download.package.unity.com, but I do not know how to do it , I think it should be done in the rules of entry but I do not know how to do that, this I do in my home with private internet from my cell phone connected to the computer. From already thank you very much.
    PD: Sorry if my English is bad but I use a language translator.

25. pedro_unity

pedro_unity

26. wallysach2

wallysach2

I have tried many things in firewall (Windows). I've turned it off and nothing, I've turned it on and made the settings that they say in the forums but I'm not sure I do it right, I need to see how it is configured step by step for unity and I have not found any full forum or videos that explain it well . It's something I can not understand how to do and I need it. Sorry for my ignorance.

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

How do we do that

28. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

HI @farhan-parvez,

I'm sorry, I cannot help you. This is environment/infrastructure specific. Please, contact your IT dept.

Regards,

Pascal

29. vahid1979

vahid1979

Hi There,

I'm working on my own PC with not proxy or firewall but still I get following error. Please advise how I can fix it;

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.xr.remoting: Cannot connect to 'staging-packages.unity.com' (error code: ENOTFOUND). Verify your environment firewall policies allow connection to this host name. If your system is behind a proxy, verify your proxy environment variables (HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY) are properly set.

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of D:/LEARNING COURSES/GAME DEVELOPMENT/UNITY/Unity - AR Visualization 01 Basic Concepts/Ex_Files_Unity_AR_Visualization_01_Basic_Concepts/Exercise Files/05_05/AR App/Packages/manifest.json file.

30. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Hi @vahid1979,

The registry
    staging-packages.unity.com
    does not exist anymore. It was never meant to be shared publicly. Remove the `registry` line in the project manifest (
    /Packages/manifest.json
    ) and it should work if the packages exist in the official registry.

Regards,

Pascal

31. LittleDini456

LittleDini456

hi, I'm new to coding and I started a couple days ago.
    I bought the "fps micro game creator bundle" and when I click "open in unity" (on the website) it opens unity and the package manager and when I click download (on the package manager) it says "The requested URL returned error: 401 Unauthorized".
    I did the FPS tutorial so I don't really know how to code. I am lost, someone please help me fasto_O.

32. LittleDini456

LittleDini456

BTW, I'm 12 years old and I don't work for a company

33. mushroomseasonisopen666420

mushroomseasonisopen666420

I've also received this problem. My recently-bought asset doesn't function with older versions of Unity, and doesn't import with new versions. Makes me wonder why I spent the money I did. :\

34. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there. Have you tried following the processes outlined in the pinned thread around connection issues? These usually fix issues such as this.

35. lemongrape12

lemongrape12

Cannot perform upm operation: Cannot connect to 'packages.unity.com' (error code: ENOTFOUND). Verify your environment firewall policies allow connection to this host name. If your system is behind a proxy, verify your proxy environment variables (HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY) are properly set. [NotFound]
    Please someone help I get this erorr when I try to install the Universal Render Pipeline Package I am using Unity version of 2019.4 I have no antiviruses and I dont think it has to do with fire walls and stuffs cause I used to install that package on the same version of unity before , I read the replies but I dont know how to whitelist urls
    btw I am using Photon Pun2 and the error in the package manager windows says something about that
    I sent a picture
    please I need help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  36. lemongrape12

lemongrape12

it's ok thank you, I searched in the fire wall settings and my brother messed around with it ,it is working fine now

37. Ja-Won

Ja-Won

Hello.
    I am also behind the firewall of our company and try to use "mlagent package".
    So, I added IPs corresponding to the above URLs in the white list.
    But, I still have problems as follows.
    (i.e., many "unable to verify the first certificate" errors)

Could you please advise me to address this?

[Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 2.59s seconds
    An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.ide.rider: unable to verify the first certificate
    com.unity.inputsystem: unable to verify the first certificate
    com.unity.toolchain.macos-x86_64-linux-x86_64: unable to verify the first certificate
    Package com.unity.ml-agents@file:/home/drone/ml-agents/com.unity.ml-agents has invalid dependencies or related test packages:
    com.unity.barracuda (dependency): unable to verify the first certificate
    Package com.unity.toolchain.macos-x86_64-linux-x86_64@0.1.20-preview has invalid dependencies or related test packages:
    com.unity.sysroot (dependency): unable to verify the first certificate
    com.unity.sysroot.linux-x86_64 (dependency): unable to verify the first certificate

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  38. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

If you've done anything in the quoted post, then I'd suggest making a bug report: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

39. ArtemVy

ArtemVy

All day can't install 2D Animation package. Getting two errors.
    Cannot perform upm operation: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined [NotFound] UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Error searching for packages.

Services connected, license in Hub loaded, no firewall or proxy. Whitlist link suggestions are loading.
    Still getting errors.

And then, I'm opening Asset Store, closing it and Package Manager magically fixes itself.

Version: 2019.4.12f1