Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Cannot name file/directory when creating it

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by ReignOfDave, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ReignOfDave

ReignOfDave

Anyone else have an issue with the past few versions of the alpha/beta skip the file naming step of creating assets. I have to rename the file after it gets created to give it a name.

Repro steps:

1. Create new project.
    2. Create asset in the project tab.
    3. Notice how you cannot name the new asset.
    I am currently on 19.3b1.

2. Richard_Drake

Richard_Drake

Yes, I have the same problem, it's just a minor issue when creating folders, materials etc. Just press F2 after creating them. However this is really annoying when creating scripts as it then creates a script with the class name set to "NewBehaviourScript" which if you haven't saved previously created scripts yet can cause all sorts of havoc.

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

4. Oonushi

Oonushi

I have this issue as well. Not a big deal, but it slows down the editor for me when it chokes on the rename not matching the default class name. as Richard_Drake mentioned above.

5. Rallix

Rallix

I have the same problem. As a workaround, in my case, this only happens when the Project window is in "Two Column Layout".
    Folders, scripts, assets etc. can be renamed during creation as usual when you switch to "One Column Layout".