Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

"Cannot move file"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by TheCircadian, Feb 26, 2017.

1. TheCircadian

TheCircadian

I'm working on an older revision of a project, and am ready to push it to supersede the latest revision in "Collab History". Every time I click "Update", it Downloads the newer revision, and writes over my asset changes. Then, I open the "Collab" tab again, and it says in Red "Cannot Move File." I click the x on that message, and it says "New Revision on the Server, update now" in Orange, and there are about 14 .meta file changes that show up as merge conflicts. Any way to override this and just push my new work? Clicking through the conflicts, choosing mine, and updating just loops the problem over again. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @TheCircadian, I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. The "Cannot Move File" error will keep you from publishing your changes until it's resolved. This typically happens when there are path changes that someone already pushed to the server which conflict with one of your changes.

In the Unity Console you should see the Cannot Move File error message, with the path of the conflicting file mentioned. If you don't see it there then try opening your Editor log located here and searching for "Cannot Move File". After you've reverted the name change on your local version of that file (by manually changing the name/file path to what it was before) then try updating again and resolve all merge conflicts. Once all conflicts have been resolved then you can publish your new changes.

Let me know if you are still running into any issues.

3. TheCircadian

TheCircadian

It was a PDF that it was trying to move, and I had it open (face palm)
    lol, thanks!

Ryan-Unity likes this.