Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

"Cannot move file"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by dmko, May 25, 2016.

1. dmko

dmko

Remote user got that error when trying to sync to my push

They are on Windows so I asked them to run Unity as Administrator in case it was a permissions issue or something, but no dice

2. dmko

dmko

Error from log:

UPID Received '129cf164-723f-4072-b4fe-1c5df6595672'.
    [CollabFileSystemOperations] Could not move file "C:/Users/User1/Documents/Jewish Interactive/Unity/Ji Calendar/JI Calendar/Assets/JI/MULTISCENE-PREFABS/LoginWindow/Scripts/LoginWindow.cs.meta" to "C:/Users/User1/Documents/Jewish Interactive/Unity/Ji Calendar/JI Calendar/Assets/JI/COMMON SCRIPTS AND PREFABS/LoginWindow/Scripts/LoginWindow.cs.meta".
    [Collab 2016-0526 06:38:09 GMT] Error 'Cannot move file' (31) returned in 'C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Src/Collab/CollabFileSystemOperations.cpp' at line 119
    [Collab 2016-0526 06:38:09 GMT] Error 'Cannot move file' (31) returned in 'C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Src/Collab/Jobs/CollabUpdateAsyncJob.cpp' at line 938
    UPID Received '129cf164-723f-4072-b4fe-1c5df6595672'.
    Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.036182 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.39 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.

3. dmko

dmko

FYI this and selective sync and oddities that 100% totally understandably are the things to be dealt with through the beta program, mean we can't use it for our live project right now... sorry I can't do more testing atm, need to switch to github for now :\

Just a heads up to the unity team - please test this like crazy before release! Even with just two co-workers and pretty conservative use (never touching same files/scenes at same time, etc.), it just wasn't working.

Really excited to come back when it's been through the paces a bit more, hope the little bit of info I supplied was a help somehow. Later!

4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @dmko Thank you so much for reporting the issue! It really makes a difference. If you get the time/chance (I know schedules are tight) and are willing, would you please submit a bug for this one? A couple bits of info I'm missing are the beta version you are on and the Collab Snapshot. Both of these files get added automatically when using the Bug Reporter found in Help > Report A Bug from the Editor.

If your remote user would be willing to try to repro and submit the bug I would be very very thankful.

We have a couple of the Known Issues in the Release Notes thread surrounding moving folders/files, but this may be a new one! :) Thank you so much for your feedback and best of luck with your production project!

5. dmko

dmko

Oh, sorry! We've already synced and made changes in two directions. I should have asked them to submit a bug report before we did that, but it's too late to roll back now :\ I hope the above log file is a little helpful... maybe it's also relevant that we were going from OSX<->Windows and the bug only seemed to happen on the windows side

holliebuckets likes this.
  6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

No worries! Thank you so much for the reply. We do have a known "sensitivity" between OSX <-> Win. Thank you for the feedback :)

7. Talsidor

Talsidor

Hi @holliebuckets, we're getting this exact same error, except our team members are located right next to each other, and we're both using Windows. I've submitted a bug, case number is 821687.

EDIT: Okay, I deleted and re-imported my entire Library folder and that seemed to fix it, I can now commit and update again. =)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    holliebuckets likes this.
  8. theAllThing

theAllThing

same problem here.
    going to try the library thing

9. theAllThing

theAllThing

worked like a charm! thanks

Talsidor and holliebuckets like this.
  10. holliebuckets

holliebuckets