Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Cannot move file (FMOD plugin)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Bordeaux_Fox, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

[Collab] CollabFileSystemOperations::MoveAssetFile failed:
    Cannot move file D:/XXX/XXX/XXX/XXX/Library/Collab/Download/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/win/x86_64/fmodstudiol.dll -> D:/XXX/XXX/XXX/XXX/Assets/Plugins/FMOD/lib/win/x86_64/fmodstudiol.dll

Cannot continue on the project because Unity Collab forces me to update but Unity Collab cannot move the FMOD plugins. What's the solution here?

- Deleting the Collab folder in the Library does not help.
    - Deleting the plugins which cannot moved by Unity Collab from my local asset folder before opening Unity and click update also does not help.
    - Sometimes I get merge errors, but when I click "choose theirs" it forces me to update to complete project again. Then I begin to click again on "choose theirs", orange Update button remains, redownloading the entire project. This is basically an endless loop.

Basically, either Unity Collab cannot move the files or redownloading the entire project over and over.

Could it be Unity has serious problem with updating plugins and DLLs?
    Also, why do two files simply break the entire Collab process? Is there no failsafe?

I think the complete process got corrupted and I have no other choice then deleting all my local files which I try to avoid because our project is very large. :(

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Bordeaux_Fox, it sounds like Collab has lost sync with the remote version of your project. When you deleted the Collab folder, did you do this while your Project was closed? Was the rest of your project able to be published successfully and now it's just the FMOD plugin that is having difficulties?

3. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.
    Yes, I closed Unity when deleting the folder.
    Like I said, tried many things but at the end I was faster with wiping my complete local copy of the project and have a clean start. This is the only solution that always works for me. Because these endless updating loops cause heavy headache. Now, I'm back at working.

But yes, also my team mates and me often encounter that Unity Collab has problems updating the FMOD plugins.
    The cannot move file error only comes for FMOD related files, FMOD plugins (the DLLs) and some FMOD cache. I suspect the plugins often cannot be moved maybe because they already hooked up in the Unity editor.

Thanks. :)

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

No problem, I want to figure out what's going on too. You definitely should not have to keep redownloading your whole project just to keep working.

Can you please open a support ticket with us so that we can respond to your issue faster?

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

5. thislop1

thislop1

Am currently experiencing this after Collab went down today and returned. Was the issue resolved?