Search Unity

Cannot make pruchases in Asset Store

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DigitalToy, May 30, 2014.

1. DigitalToy

DigitalToy

When I try to make a purchase, it gives an error: "We are currently unable to validate the VAT number."
    My VAT number is, however, correct in the system.
    After this error, the Asset Store stops working altogether, and I have to close it and reopen.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If your VAT number validates on VIES, then contact the support team, and give them your VAT number. They can then chase this down for you. If VIES doesn't confirm your VAT number, then the message that the asset store gives you is correct, in which case you will need to pay VAT when making purchases, so remove your VAT number from your account.

3. DigitalToy

DigitalToy

Our VAT number is correct, we have not had a problem in the past. We do not pay VAT. There is a technical problem somewhere, clearly. From an internet search, this has apparently happened to people before.

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If you VAT number is confirmed by VIES, then the issue is on the Unity side, so contact support like I said. If your VAT number is not listed in VIES, then you will need to contact your local government and ask them what's happening.