Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Cannot Make Project with URP + 2022.2

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Zaflores, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Zaflores

Zaflores

Hello,

I'm unable to make a project that uses both URP and 2022.2 past 2022.2.0f1 (which I'm also having some different issues with).
    I was previously receiving help on a different forum but wanted to move my issue here.

Currently my issue is that past Unity Version 2022.2.0 I'm unable to:
    -Start a blank project, and manually add URP to the project successfully
    or
    -Start a project with either of the URP Templates.

Starting a project and adding URP manually

Here are the steps I'm taking:
    • In the Hub, New Project using Unity 2022.2.8 and template 3D Core.
    • In the Package Manager Install Burst (note I've also tried this by not installing burst first and using the version that comes with URP)
    • In the Package Manager install package Universal RP v14.0.6.
    At this step I am still in Windows/Standalone platform, and I start receiving error messages in the console. The editor log is attached but here are some of the messages that I get.
    • TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_TLS, underlying allocator ALLOC_TEMP_MAIN has unfreed allocations, size 54 (This error keeps printing as the Editor runs)
    • Asset import failed, "Packages/com.unity.shadergraph/ShaderGraphLibrary/Nature/SpeedTree8InterpolatedNormals.shadersubgraph" > InvalidOperationException: Failed to add object of type `SubGraphAsset`. Check that the definition is in a file of the same name and that it compiles properly.
    • InvalidOperationException: Failed to add object of type `ShaderGraphMetadata`. Check that the definition is in a file of the same name and that it compiles properly.
    These errors go away if I restart the editor, but seem to be a part of the problem. Now with the packages imported I try to make a URP Asset (with Universal Renderer) to drop into my graphics settings using create -> rendering -> URP asset (with Universal Renderer)
    Only the Universal Renderer Data object is made, there is no URP asset that I can drag and drop into the graphics tab.

Every time I try to make this asset I get the following message:
    Cannot load. Path Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Runtime/Data/XRSystemData.asset is correct but AssetDatabase cannot load now.

Starting a project with a URP Template
    When I try to start a project with a URP template, the editor opens but hangs indefinitely on an empty scene.

Let me know what steps I can take to fix this or how I can better assist with helping diagnose the issue.We are working on a game and would like to get on to 2022.2.8 or similar version.

Best

Attached Files:

Mushakushi likes this.
  2. Zaflores

Zaflores

Just a heads up for anyone that finds this issue, we were having issues with our cache server, so we turned off the cache server in the project settings and everything works correctly.