Search Unity

Cannot load VideoClip From Assetbundle on any platform

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by benMau, Mar 8, 2018.

1. benMau

benMau

Hello.

While playing a video clip from resources directory works perfectly, playing the same one from an asset bundle (with BuildAssetBundleOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle option or not), result in this error :

WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36c3 while reading archive:/CAB-9a9ef37ed88f266b1e90c63993ec0ec8/CAB-9a9ef37ed88f266b1e90c63993ec0ec8.resource
    Context: MFCreateSourceReaderFromURL
    Error details: The scheme of the given URL is unsupported.
    Track types:

The error is there in all platforms (even in editor).

I've tried multiple format and with or without transcode.... I've tried with VideoClip and VideoPlayer in the same bundle or in separate bundles...

I've seen many posts on this but only for android. Does anyone has succeded to make the videoclips work when in assetbundles on other platforms?

EDIT : I've submited a simple exemple project as bug report (Case 1011186).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. nilsdr

nilsdr

This is an issue thats been going on for a very long time, but still hasn't completely been fixed. A workaround is to create uncompressed assetbundles, it should then work.

3. benMau

benMau

As I said in the original post, I tried with BuildAssetBundleOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle option. Is there anything else to do to make uncompressed bundles?

4. MornFall

MornFall

Would you have found a solution for that issue ? i am havign the exact same one...

5. Ikaro88

Ikaro88

i can load a video but it lose the transparency, any help?