Search Unity

Cannot load Atlas During Build/Enter Game. Missing File ?

Discussion in '2D' started by mrm83, Jul 12, 2015.

1. kognito1

kognito1

Yeah still broken for us in 5.4. Currently by far the most annoying unity bug we face, but hey they fixed crunched 24-bit textures in atlases! So some progress! :)

The switching platforms I think is a pretty good clue. We do that constantly to make asset bundles for different platforms and that's often when it breaks. It's a huge workflow killer (requires a human to make sure the atlas cache didn't break each time we make bundles...for every platform...), but we lived with it for so long that's it's just kind of part of our unity life. :(

2. Astro75

Astro75

We use our own build script that deletes the atlas cache folder just before the build. Seems to work fine.

But since 5.4 we are seeing another bug. If we build more than one time without restarting Unity, only first build gets done correctly. Other builds include some sprites as separate textures (as seen from the build log). When they they already are in atlases. This can also be seen by increased build size on 2nd build. Tried to minimize our project to a smaller reproducible case, but then the problem disappears.

3. mh114

mh114

For me I almost always need to restart Unity after deleting the cache, otherwise it crashes the sprite packer.. :(

I have a separate thread on this (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/sp...nter-game-please-rebuild-sprite-atlas.386524/), but the end result is the same: atlas is broken and all the sprites will be separate textures. I think it is the same root cause for all these. So far I haven't been able to reproduce it either in a small project.

4. Sphax84

Sphax84

I think the error comes back as soon as I switch the build platform (from windows to linux or macos for example).

I also get the error 4 or 5 times logged at the same time...

I need to close Unity, delete atlas cache and restart Unity for each build to not get back the error... :/

5. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

I'm getting this error too in 5.3.3f1 (Win), and also after I build to different target platforms (in my case, OSX and Windows). Have tried increasing the build atlas size from 10 to 50 but that seems a fragile solution (the atlas itself never seems to get close to that amount). Also, having to rebuild all sprite atlases is not an ideal solution - I have normal map atlases generated from my sprite atlases and I'm somewhat nervous that packing may not be an entirely deterministic function - if my sprites atlases get rearranged I'm going to regenerate all my normal map atlases too.

So, can anyone confirm whether this has been fixed in latest versions or not?

6. kognito1

kognito1

It's not.

7. andymads

andymads

Still getting this in 5.3.6.

The error message says to rebuild Sprite Atlas, but the Pack button does nothing.

8. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Hi All,

We have been working on various feature and workflow improvements to atlases. It is still in development and we have made it available to try out, in our 2D Experimental Preview. It would be really great if you could give it a try and give us some feedback.

The latest 2D Experimental Preview is here

Cheers

9. tanoshimi

tanoshimi

Can anyone confirm whether this has been fixed in the 5.6 beta? I'm still using the "delete the sprite atlas cache before every build" workaround but it's far from ideal...

10. Lixingjun

Lixingjun

me too

11. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

Please don't revive old threads. I'm using newer Unity versions and I don't use Sprite Packer, I use Sprite Atlas.