Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot install various things - Validation Failed

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jgauthier2112, Aug 16, 2023.

1. jgauthier2112

jgauthier2112

Hello everyone,

My first expedience with Unity Hub and I am having issues getting software installed.
    Using a Windows 11 desktop after Unity Hub launched it tried to download WebGL, and the editor and documentation and those give me the error: "Install failed: Validation Error"
    I've attempted to launch the hub as admin, I've disabled UAC. I also just tried installing the editor to my user's profile location so I didn't have any file permission issues.
    There seems to be no actual feedback as to what the actual error is.

upload_2023-8-16_9-34-8.png

2. AngryProgrammer

AngryProgrammer

Try to change download and install location in Hub preferences, you can try something shorter or outside user folder. Most errors I had with installations (other type in older versions) was because dir problems like special signs in direction name or TO LONG dir.

3. jgauthier2112

jgauthier2112

I found the log and it reveals this:

{"timestamp":"2023-08-18T13:44:07.971Z","level":"info","moduleName":"UnityInstallerWindows","message":"[ 'user did not agree to the UAC prompt and the process was not started' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-08-18T13:44:07.971Z","level":"info","moduleName":"UnityIPCServer","message":"[ 'IPC server Unity-hubInstallServer closed' ]"}
    {"timestamp":"2023-08-18T13:44:07.971Z","level":"error","moduleName":"UnityInstallerWindows","message":"[ { code: 'User did not grant permission.', message: 'The Hub does not have proper permissions to install Unity.' }, undefined ]"}

Points of note:
    I am running as administrator (which I did get a UAC prompt)
    There wasn't a UAC prompt when installing the editor.

4. GlitchedCatStudios

GlitchedCatStudios

Now if you scroll down on Unity's Website, if you click on the down arrow next to 2022.3.7f1, there are now module extension downloads if it won't let you download it. As in if you need Android.