Search Unity

Bug Cannot install Unity through Unity HUB due to local issuer certificate

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by spacephil, Oct 4, 2022.

1. spacephil

spacephil

Hello community
    I have been getting the error: The hub is unable to recognize this archived editor version. Please try again later

I am using Unity Hub V3.3.0 and this error is occurring when trying to install any version of Unity in the hub. I have tried installing versions 2020.3.40, 2020.3.20, 2021.3.11, all with the same results.
    I have followed these steps already to solve the package manager issue in Unity.

Looking into the unity logs it says: Error while trying to fetch data for a custom editor: Request Error: Error: unable to get local issuer certificate.

Also I would prefer to install through Unity Hub since I need to use the android environment but it has not been installed properly when using the download assistant.

I am looking into this issue with IT since I have a feeling our firewall is causing this issue . It is stronger than most firewalls and I am getting "The Hub is unable to load Editor versions. Please check your Internet connection." When checking for version of Unity through the Hub. If it is the fire wall I will update this post. However, I wonder if there is any other way of solving this issue.

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Thank you for your time,
    Philip

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022