Search Unity

Feedback Cannot install locally-built iOS-build to my device, but can install similar earlier build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by broersma, Jun 28, 2019.

1. broersma

broersma

Description of issue:
    • Cannot install locally-built iOS build from Unity Cloud Build, despite this working previously.
    • This FAQ doesn't provide an answer, based on the symptoms described there: https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...ownloaded-or-installed-from-Unity-Cloud-Build
    • I am able to install my #1 build in the project ("Archery Game (DEV)"), but I am unable to download any later builds (except for #5, which was a re-upload of the binary for build #1), despite the only relevant difference being that I added 1 extra device to the provisioning profile. (Note: I haven't tested this problem with the extra device.)
    • UCB does let me click 'Install' for these afflicted builds from Safari on my iPad. However, no iOS-app-installation-popup appears. It is just the regular JavaScript-alert from UCB saying "Success - If you chose to install the app it should now be downloading on your home screen." Sadly, no other messages appear and no app appears to be downloading.
    • Things I tried:
      • diff the IPA contents - hashes, binary files and the embedded provisioning profile had expected diffs, but I didn't see anything peculiar - (hoping you might be able to)
      • build the app from XCode UI instead of the command line
      • (upload a binary without spaces in the filename - who knows :))
    Unity version: 2019.1.1f1

XCode version: XCode 10.1 (10B61) (my local version)

Source control: Git

Local build platform: Apple Mac mini "Core i5" 2.3 (Mid-2011)

Build target: iOS

Relevant plugins being used (i.e. Google Play Game Services, other plugins that may perform automatic post-build behaviors): N/A

Project name: "Archery Game (DEV)" (f.k.a. "test")

Build log (relevant chunk): N/A

Does it build locally from a fresh checkout? (Instructions below): yes

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019