Search Unity

Resolved Cannot import packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by wardler, Sep 9, 2021.

1. wardler

wardler

PROBLEM/SOLUTION: necessary pop-up was sent to (turned off) second monitor. Disconnected second monitor and restarted Unity Editor.

Cannot Import packages after downloading with Package Manager. After pressing Import, some loading bars run and then... nothing. No errors, warnings, or prompts. All assets, all projects.

Recent changes:
    Upgraded windows
    Using new windows user account

Tshooting steps:
    Completely uninstalled Unity, deleting all AppData files and folders--for all users.
    Restarted computer.
    Signed out of Unity account and back in.
    Tried multiple assets (including ones I had installed before).
    Tried multiple projects (including completely new projects).
    Project is not in Play mode.
    Ensured full permissions to: C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Unity\cache
    Tried launching Unity as admin.

Please help me find an error log or more information to diagnose the problem.
    EDIT: Logs from sticky attached (although I couldn't find anything useful myself)

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. wardler

wardler

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Do you have the same issue when you launch Unity with admin privileges?

wardler likes this.
  4. wardler

wardler

I do have the same issues when launching as admin.

I am currently going through another complete uninstall/reinstall with plenty of reboots in-between and deletion of every Unity related folder I could find.

5. wardler

wardler

Finally, I have a solution...

I have a drawing tablet that acts as a second monitor. Even though it was TURNED OFF, the Import Unity Package pop-up was being sent to that monitor. Unity gave no indication that the Import Unity Package window had opened. It did not yell at me for repeatedly pressing import.

If you have this problem, disconnect your other monitor and restart the Unity editor.

SimonWarby and n4mm4p1984 like this.
  6. BottledNo

BottledNo

I literally had this exact experience 1 for 1 with my drawing tablet and everything lmao. I was like "There's no way it was sent to *MY* drawing tablet right? I don't see a second window open for unity... Oh well, might as well che- OH OKAY. Ps, thanks